Hello! Ernie, our 10-year-old kelpie cross was just one night holding his hind leg off the ground and we could see he was in pain. The vet took x-rays 2 days after but couldnt see that anything was going on. They suggested an arthroscopy which we did. I cannot thank these vets enough. A mobile […]
Late November 2016 My family and I (all 8 of us: 3 kids, 3 dogs, my husband, and I) were enjoying a movie in bed one Friday evening when all of a sudden we noticed our 6-month-old yellow Lab, Bennett, limping on his hind leg. We assumed his leg had fallen asleep so I took […]
Living out in the country we have always had very active, high energy dogs and because they are so active, just like many athletes, we have experienced injuries unfortunately. The first time we experienced a knee injury was with our late dog named Crosby. Crosby during his lifetime had three knee surgeries, two of them […]
Cinnamon has always been a high energy, fly by the seat of her pants type of dog. For as long as she has been on this planet she has loved to run. Be it chasing the stick or ball we just threw, chasing after her brother Ireland, or running alongside my bike, her enthusiasm for […]
Boo is a 3-year-old female border collie. Boo is/was a very active dog, as I’m sure most border collies are. She is not a working dog, however, I do live on a farm, and as such she gets to run around at will all day long. About 6 months ago Boo came back from one […]
Molly is a 6 year old Golden Retriever. Today marks 8 days post-op, and Molly is doing well. She had surgery 2 days following the CCL tear. It was helpful that she had surgery on the day we left for Christmas vacation (we felt very guilty) because Molly had access to the Animal Hospital’s professional […]
Among the many alternative therapies for a CCL injury is one you may or may not have heard of: prolotherapy. Prolotherapy (“prolo” is short for proliferation) is an injection technique used to stimulate the growth of healthy connective tissue to help strengthen torn or weakened ligaments and tendons and eliminate chronic pain. Prolotherapy has been used successfully on […]
For many people who face the possibility of surgery for their dog, a common concern is the price. And it can be expensive, but sometimes it’s the only option. This post is to help give you an idea of the total cost of dog knee injury-related procedures, including the surgery itself, post-op care, any extra […]
Initially we tried conservative management with my pit/shepherd mix Blu because I did not want to put him through surgery. We had some success with that for about a year until I got another dog and he reinjured it rough housing. We tried CM again but this time he wasn’t improving so we made the […]
Blue is a 2-year-old pit bull who stole my heart the day I laid eyes on her. She was 8 weeks when we got her. She began to have problems with her hind right leg and when we took her for x-rays, they discovered the torn ACL. She was barely a year old. We were […]
- Mishka – TPLO Surgery and Recovery May 28, 2018
- Callie – CCL, TTA Surgery with Complications August 9, 2018
- Nigel- TPLO -Broken Drill Bit & Other Complications August 24, 2018
- Murphy – TPLO Surgery Complication June 27, 2018
- Benry – Band surgery March 15, 2019
- Can A Dog Live With A Torn ACL? February 14, 2019
- Chubi Shitzu/Pincher/Pug August 27, 2018
- Buddy – Double ACL Injuries June 14, 2019
- Dixie – Double Lateral Suture Stabilization June 10, 2019
- Olivia, Conservative Management (Recent Injury) June 8, 2019
- Marley- Conservative Management May 7, 2019
- The Cost Of Dog ACL Surgery In 2019 April 2, 2019
- What To Expect After Dog ACL Surgery March 25, 2019
- How To Confine Your Dog After TPLO Surgery: March 15, 2019
- Nancy Hess: I was researching for our 6yo rescue doberman and ...
- Sam: Yay, so happy for you and Bruzier!...
- Sam: Yes, this is happening to us right now. Also very ...
- Susan: Tried brace and all modalities but finally had su...
- Kristi: hi Just reading through this and wondered what you...
- Debbie: I hear you. I know its a very hard decision. I t...
- Sami: I've gotten a few opinions... First vet said tplo...
- Dog ACL Surgery
- Conservative Management
- Dog Knee Brace
- Financial Assistance
- Read Stories
- Watch Video