Initially we tried conservative management with my pit/shepherd mix Blu because I did not want to put him through surgery. We had some success with that for about a year until I got another dog and he reinjured it rough housing. We tried CM again but this time he wasn’t improving so we made the […]
Four weeks ago my 6-year-old Greater Swiss Mountain Betty, who is very active and very healthy, tore her cruciate ligament and began limping. We love our dog very much and of course took her to a vet who did x-rays and an exam and recommended a surgical hospital that had board certified surgeons who taught […]
Benny, our three-year-old Staffordshire mix, had damaged both left and right CCLs. After much shopping, research, and talking to vets, we decided on tightrope repair. We had the RH hind leg done first. Post surgery went well until we got off of the antibiotics, when a horrible infection set in. All of the equipment had […]
Hey everyone, posting this because I could not find any stories with this particular complication on the web. I have an 8? year old rescued lab/pitt/dane? neutered male who weighs about 80 lbs. Initially presented with intermittent lameness on both sides (alternating) which finally made its source abundantly clear when he came in from playing […]
About 1 month ago, my 8 year old Border Collie completely tore his CCL and Meniscus to his right rear leg. Neo already had 1 big strike against him. He had broken his left leg when he was a puppy and developed terrible arthritis in that leg. We had a stem cell transplant in 2010 […]
Lucy was diagnosed with a Cruciate tear, in both knees. One, more painful than the other. So, I contacted a local vet who had an Ortho vet that comes in and does the surgery….all sounded perfect as we both work and this would be a local office instead of having to travel. (Costs $3400.00) So, […]
My husband and I have three four-legged kids. Are, a 3 yr old 60 lb Pitbull; Stevie, a 1.5 yr old 12 lb Mini-schnauzer; and Athena, an approx 8 month old 72 lb Mastive-mix. This is Athena’s story… Everyday I come come home for lunch (I am lucky to work close to home) and let […]
This is actually my son’s dog but he lives with me and I’m his caretaker. Just over 2 years old, Dax tore both ACL’s. TPLO was done on the worst leg 6 months ago. After a long recovery, he was finally walking and doing a little running without limping. In fact, 3 weeks ago I […]
I have a 3 year old Rottweiler, Axel. I think the problem started in June 2010, during a dog park playdate. After then he was limping on his back right leg. I took him to the vet and she said that it was a partial tear, so to keep him calm and give him pain […]
My 1-yr old rottweiler, Rosie, suffered a right broken leg in May 2010. In Nov. 2010, she had TPLO surgery in an Orthopedic Hospital to repair the CCL and correct the angles in her leg. Two weeks post-op, she developed severe swelling in her leg & abdomen, and a fever. I took her to my […]
- Tovah’s Story: Complete ACL Tear Surgery June 4, 2021
- QLF Surgery: What Is It and Is It The Best Option For Your Dog’s Torn ACL? June 6, 2021
- Tedy’s Story: Conservative Management June 8, 2021
- Dog Limping After Knee Surgery April 19, 2021
- Dog ACL Surgery Cost in 2021 Dog: Find Out What The Cost Of Dog Knee Surgery Is Near You May 4, 2021
- Dog Knee Sprains vs. ACL Tear – How to Tell May 26, 2021
- How To Prevent Dog ACL Injuries May 29, 2021
- How To Prevent Knee Injury In Your Rescue Dog: You May Be Able To Help Prevent The Trauma Of Knee Injury October 9, 2021
- Surgery Financing For Dog Cruciate Ligament Repair September 23, 2021
- Partial Cruciate Ligament Tears In Dogs- Is Surgery Needed? September 19, 2021
- Can A Dog Walk With A Torn ACL? September 17, 2021
- Do Dog Braces Work For CCL Tears? August 13, 2021
- Dog Knee Surgery Success Rates: TPLO, Tightrope, TTA, and Traditional Extracapsular Repair Surgery August 10, 2021
- Does A Dog’s Size Impact Surgery Success For Cruciate Ligament Repair? August 6, 2021
- Nat: Hi, I know it's been a long while since you wrote...
- Nat: Would you mind sharing what route you ended up goi...
- Nat: Does anyone reading thus have experience with usin...
- Katie: Thank you for sharing your experience! Our dog had...
- Paula: For our 50lb red nose we did the laser therapy a c...
- Nat: Thanks for responding. My dog is 65lbs so I'm ho...
- Paula: My vet said surgery was an option but not necessar...
- Dog ACL Surgery
- Conservative Management
- Dog Knee Brace
- Financial Assistance
- Read Stories
- Watch Video