My sweet (about to be 14 next month) English Springer Spaniel who is still quite healthy (although slowing down)….has had the start of arthritis and somehow managed to jump off the last step just right on Monday, May 27 (Memorial Day)…that she slipped….came up limping and turns out she tore her ACL. Vet can’t say […]
Archive | Conservative ManagementRSS feed for this section
Marley was diagnosed with crucial ligament damage in both legs in October 2018, he is two years old. After X-rays, it was found he also had movement in his hips and slight “ crunching “ on one front leg! Not a good outcome for such a young dog. Options were to put him to sleep, […]
Bikini during conservative management of double CCL tears In late August 2018, I noticed my 7-years old English bulldog Bikini, showed some lameness (rear right leg) off and on for a bit. After 2-3 weeks, seeing this was not going away that she was now hesitant to go up and down the stairs, not following […]
Deciding to treat your canine pet’s injuries with conservative management requires time, energy, and also the commitment to prepare your home in an optimal fashion to support your dog’s recovery. Understanding that rest is a key ingredient for conservative management to be effective means that you will need to limit the space in your home […]
Buddy is a 5 1/2 year old Scottish Terrier. Over the last 2 years we have been involved in Agility training and competition. This summer, Buddy came up lame during practice, and showed some lameness(rear left leg) off and on for a bit. We went to a vet who diagnosed torn CCL and recommended us […]
Chubi is now 7 tears old. About a year ago, I noticed that Chubi was limping. At one point she was unable to get up the stairs. I went to the vet and they recommended some muscle relaxants and that the dog only have short walks for about 2 weeks. This seemed to work and […]
Hello! I stumbled onto this page after frantically searching the Internet for answers to the horrible diagnosis I received on Tuesday July 24th 2018 for my dog, Brewster! Brewster is a 1 year old, happy, playful American Staffordshire Terrier. He was born on Mother’s day 2017. I adopted him from a local pitbull rescue here […]
Hello everyone, On May 1, 2017 my 8-year-old Newfoundland was running around in the yard when I heard a yelp. I turned around and saw that she was on the ground and couldn’t get up. I helped her to get up on her feet but she could not walk on her injured right rear leg. […]
Gracie is an 8-year-old shepherd/retriever/chow mix. About 65 pounds. On Thanksgiving 2017, she was racing around the yard in a zoomie mood, full of joy. Then all of a sudden “YIPE!” and she could not walk on her right hind leg. This is a very important piece of the decision making puzzle: Gracie is extremely […]
Hello to all! I have a Golden Retriever (Peyton) and a black Lab mix (Duke). In May of 2015, as we were preparing for my sons graduation from high school and heading to college, Duke and Peyton were playing in the backyard when Duke came in limping on his back left leg. With college on […]
- Mishka – TPLO Surgery and Recovery May 28, 2018
- Callie – CCL, TTA Surgery with Complications August 9, 2018
- Nigel- TPLO -Broken Drill Bit & Other Complications August 24, 2018
- Murphy – TPLO Surgery Complication June 27, 2018
- Benry – Band surgery March 15, 2019
- Can A Dog Live With A Torn ACL? February 14, 2019
- Chubi Shitzu/Pincher/Pug August 27, 2018
- Buddy – Double ACL Injuries June 14, 2019
- Dixie – Double Lateral Suture Stabilization June 10, 2019
- Olivia, Conservative Management (Recent Injury) June 8, 2019
- Marley- Conservative Management May 7, 2019
- The Cost Of Dog ACL Surgery In 2019 April 2, 2019
- What To Expect After Dog ACL Surgery March 25, 2019
- How To Confine Your Dog After TPLO Surgery: March 15, 2019
- Nancy Hess: I was researching for our 6yo rescue doberman and ...
- Sam: Yay, so happy for you and Bruzier!...
- Sam: Yes, this is happening to us right now. Also very ...
- Susan: Tried brace and all modalities but finally had su...
- Kristi: hi Just reading through this and wondered what you...
- Debbie: I hear you. I know its a very hard decision. I t...
- Sami: I've gotten a few opinions... First vet said tplo...
- Dog ACL Surgery
- Conservative Management
- Dog Knee Brace
- Financial Assistance
- Read Stories
- Watch Video