Can a dog tear the same ACL twice? After your dog has TPLO surgery, the last thing you want your furry friend to deal with is another injury. TPLO surgery is a fairly common repair that makes the dog’s leg function again without the ligament. Although the odds of retearing the same ACL are low […]
I have my (nearly 5-year-old) French Bulldog the lovely Fifi. One snowy and icy day in January she was playing with her big sister Lucy and ended up limping – I have no idea what happened! I took her to the vets one week later & booked her in for a check-up on the leg. […]
What is MMP Surgery for dogs? We all want our dogs to live long, healthy and fulfilling lives. And sometimes that means your dog may tear his CCL after chasing a squirrel and require MMP surgery. The Modified Maguet Procedure is a minimally invasive procedure used to repair a ruptured or torn cranial cruciate ligament […]
We are on round 2 with dog #2 on concervative managment for CCL tear with my dogs. My first story is my harrier hound, Birdie, who went lame on a walk with me at the age of 11. Like everyone else here the doctor pushed the surgery and the arthritis speil. I don’t know, it […]
Mateo tore his CCL, right leg, last March 2019. While he was favoring that leg he tore his left leg. The doctor wanted to schedule surgery. I was concerned about his growth plates not being closed. He agreed, and we waited. I was surprised that this was not brought up by him. While we were […]
Dixie is an APBT and weighs 38 lbs. Perfectly proportioned, active and exercised regularly. Yes, she runs, plays, cuts, and turns, chases rats (she is a terrier) and other moving vermin and pulls on rope toys with her “sisters”. One morning, during play, we heard the back ligament snap. No pain, but she is a […]
My sweet (about to be 14 next month) English Springer Spaniel who is still quite healthy (although slowing down)….has had the start of arthritis and somehow managed to jump off the last step just right on Monday, May 27 (Memorial Day)…that she slipped….came up limping and turns out she tore her ACL. Vet can’t say […]
Marley was diagnosed with crucial ligament damage in both legs in October 2018, he is two years old. After X-rays, it was found he also had movement in his hips and slight “ crunching “ on one front leg! Not a good outcome for such a young dog. Options were to put him to sleep, […]
The Four Primary Surgical Procedures Available And Their Price Range Across Different Geographical Regions There are several different types of ACL surgery for dogs. The cost of each surgery varies significantly depending on the specific nature of the procedure. Not only is there a variance in cost depending on the type of surgery, but also […]
- Tovah’s Story: Complete ACL Tear Surgery June 4, 2021
- QLF Surgery: What Is It and Is It The Best Option For Your Dog’s Torn ACL? June 6, 2021
- Tedy’s Story: Conservative Management June 8, 2021
- Dog Limping After Knee Surgery April 19, 2021
- Dog ACL Surgery Cost in 2021 Dog: Find Out What The Cost Of Dog Knee Surgery Is Near You May 4, 2021
- Dog Knee Sprains vs. ACL Tear – How to Tell May 26, 2021
- How To Prevent Dog ACL Injuries May 29, 2021
- First Aid For Torn ACL In Dogs: What Can You Do In The First 24 Hours After Your Dog Has Torn Or Partially Torn Their ACL? November 3, 2021
- How To Prevent Knee Injury In Your Rescue Dog: You May Be Able To Help Prevent The Trauma Of Knee Injury October 9, 2021
- Surgery Financing For Dog Cruciate Ligament Repair September 23, 2021
- Partial Cruciate Ligament Tears In Dogs- Is Surgery Needed? September 19, 2021
- Can A Dog Walk With A Torn ACL? September 17, 2021
- Do Dog Braces Work For CCL Tears? August 13, 2021
- Dog Knee Surgery Success Rates: TPLO, Tightrope, TTA, and Traditional Extracapsular Repair Surgery August 10, 2021
- Jax Waters: Thank you so much for this article. I've been non...
- Tiffany: Hi. My dog had both of her cruciates repaired last...
- Nat: Hi, I know it's been a long while since you wrote...
- Nat: Would you mind sharing what route you ended up goi...
- Nat: Does anyone reading thus have experience with usin...
- Katie: Thank you for sharing your experience! Our dog had...
- Paula: For our 50lb red nose we did the laser therapy a c...
- Dog ACL Surgery
- Conservative Management
- Dog Knee Brace
- Financial Assistance
- Read Stories
- Watch Video