My dog completely tore his ACL. Our vet did the band surgery and he healed very well and we followed up keeping him calm and safe to the T. Well on week 12 we noticed him holding that leg up as he did right after his injury. My stomach sank. I felt this can’t be […]
Bikini during conservative management of double CCL tears In late August 2018, I noticed my 7-years old English bulldog Bikini, showed some lameness (rear right leg) off and on for a bit. After 2-3 weeks, seeing this was not going away that she was now hesitant to go up and down the stairs, not following […]
Deciding to treat your canine pet’s injuries with conservative management requires time, energy, and also the commitment to prepare your home in an optimal fashion to support your dog’s recovery. Understanding that rest is a key ingredient for conservative management to be effective means that you will need to limit the space in your home […]
It is a normal day at the dog park, your dog leaps and bounds to catch a ball, lands a little funny and you notice your furry friend stands up to walk away with a slight limp. There is a high chance your pet has experienced a tear in the ACL. Torn ACL injuries are […]
Buddy is a 5 1/2 year old Scottish Terrier. Over the last 2 years we have been involved in Agility training and competition. This summer, Buddy came up lame during practice, and showed some lameness(rear left leg) off and on for a bit. We went to a vet who diagnosed torn CCL and recommended us […]
Back in January 2018 my dog tore one of his CCL and I was told he was going to need surgery. I was not excited about the idea of surgery. I researched a little about conservative methods, but for an active dog like mine, it didn’t seem to work as well. I went to see […]
Molly blew out her left knee last year jumping up to bark at E.T. on the TV. She was in obvious, immediate, excruciating pain shown by the terrible howling for the first several seconds. We got her right in and had TPLO done within a few days. Over the last year she has returned to […]
After stumbling upon this website about a year ago, I thought it’d be good to share my own experiences with my dog and conservative management. Taking it back a bit, it all started in February 2016. I have a pretty active 8 year old (7 yo at the time) 85 lb chocolate labrador named Finn. […]
Diesel, Conservative Management, after a trip to the vet because my dog had his left hind up for three days straight (and had briefly pulled it up in the air a few times the week before) my vet, in his small consulting room, saw my dog take a few steps (leg down) and said,” Cruciate […]
- Mishka – TPLO Surgery and Recovery May 28, 2018
- Nigel- TPLO -Broken Drill Bit & Other Complications August 24, 2018
- Conservative Management and Holistic Treatment – Muffin April 18, 2018
- Callie – CCL, TTA Surgery with Complications August 9, 2018
- Murphy – TPLO Surgery Complication June 27, 2018
- Chubi Shitzu/Pincher/Pug August 27, 2018
- Brewster – Ruptured CCL July 27, 2018
- How To Confine Your Dog After TPLO Surgery: March 15, 2019
- Benry – Band surgery March 15, 2019
- Bikini – Double Torn CCL Conservative Management March 8, 2019
- How To Prepare Your Home For Conservative Management March 1, 2019
- Can A Dog Live With A Torn ACL? February 14, 2019
- Roxie – TPLO Surgery December 22, 2018
- Buddy – Torn ACL, Conservative Management October 19, 2018
- Josie: now my dog is going in on the 2nd and I have a mat...
- Dawn: Where did you have this done?...
- Cherie Brinkley: What is Conservative Management? We have a 12 yr....
- Alex: My American Pitbull 2yrs 55lbs had the clicking as...
- Suzy mom: Well my suzy went to have the tplo and the vet sto...
- Vickie: These are awesome suggestions! It was a long 4 mon...
- Vickie: To all those who are reading in preparation for su...
- Dog ACL Surgery
- Conservative Management
- Dog Knee Brace
- Financial Assistance
- Read Stories
- Watch Video