Dixie is an APBT and weighs 38 lbs. Perfectly proportioned, active and exercised regularly. Yes, she runs, plays, cuts, and turns, chases rats (she is a terrier) and other moving vermin and pulls on rope toys with her “sisters”. One morning, during play, we heard the back ligament snap. No pain, but she is a […]
Archive | Physical TherapyRSS feed for this section
My sweet (about to be 14 next month) English Springer Spaniel who is still quite healthy (although slowing down)….has had the start of arthritis and somehow managed to jump off the last step just right on Monday, May 27 (Memorial Day)…that she slipped….came up limping and turns out she tore her ACL. Vet can’t say […]
Marley was diagnosed with crucial ligament damage in both legs in October 2018, he is two years old. After X-rays, it was found he also had movement in his hips and slight “ crunching “ on one front leg! Not a good outcome for such a young dog. Options were to put him to sleep, […]
Everything You Need To Know About Post Operative Care Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Surgery is a complex procedure on your dog’s hind knee joint that demands specific protocol during the post-operative phase to ensure a successful recovery. If you are considering ACL surgery for your dog or have already booked the operation then you will […]
Bikini during conservative management of double CCL tears In late August 2018, I noticed my 7-years old English bulldog Bikini, showed some lameness (rear right leg) off and on for a bit. After 2-3 weeks, seeing this was not going away that she was now hesitant to go up and down the stairs, not following […]
Deciding to treat your canine pet’s injuries with conservative management requires time, energy, and also the commitment to prepare your home in an optimal fashion to support your dog’s recovery. Understanding that rest is a key ingredient for conservative management to be effective means that you will need to limit the space in your home […]
My little 4 year old border collie x Labrador Mishka tore her CCL 10 weeks ago. She was outside absolutely fine and running around and then all of a sudden when I went to bring her dinner, she was limping around with a foot that refused to touch the ground. I was concerned, but assumed […]
Hydrotherapy comes from Greek words meaning “water healing,” and can be a great option for post-operative dogs, as well as for dogs suffering from hip dysplasia, the amputation of a limb, a spinal injury, paralysis, obesity, fractures, or arthritis. Hydrotherapy uses the properties of water — buoyancy, viscosity, resistance, and hydrostatic pressure — to enable a dog to […]
There are many types of non-invasive physical therapy options for dogs recovering from CCL surgery. Massage is a gentle option that can help dogs of any size in their recovery process, and can continue to be beneficial on a regular basis long after they’ve healed. Even though it looks and feels like pampering (and can […]
- Mishka – TPLO Surgery and Recovery May 28, 2018
- Callie – CCL, TTA Surgery with Complications August 9, 2018
- Nigel- TPLO -Broken Drill Bit & Other Complications August 24, 2018
- Murphy – TPLO Surgery Complication June 27, 2018
- Benry – Band surgery March 15, 2019
- Can A Dog Live With A Torn ACL? February 14, 2019
- Chubi Shitzu/Pincher/Pug August 27, 2018
- Buddy – Double ACL Injuries June 14, 2019
- Dixie – Double Lateral Suture Stabilization June 10, 2019
- Olivia, Conservative Management (Recent Injury) June 8, 2019
- Marley- Conservative Management May 7, 2019
- The Cost Of Dog ACL Surgery In 2019 April 2, 2019
- What To Expect After Dog ACL Surgery March 25, 2019
- How To Confine Your Dog After TPLO Surgery: March 15, 2019
- Nancy Hess: I was researching for our 6yo rescue doberman and ...
- Sam: Yay, so happy for you and Bruzier!...
- Sam: Yes, this is happening to us right now. Also very ...
- Susan: Tried brace and all modalities but finally had su...
- Kristi: hi Just reading through this and wondered what you...
- Debbie: I hear you. I know its a very hard decision. I t...
- Sami: I've gotten a few opinions... First vet said tplo...
- Dog ACL Surgery
- Conservative Management
- Dog Knee Brace
- Financial Assistance
- Read Stories
- Watch Video