Everything You Need To Know To Enhance This Important Post-Operative Healing Period Create a post-operative healing space for your dog by following a few simple guidelines that will enhance the experience for both of you. A tibial-plateau-leveling osteotomy (TPLO) surgery requires restricted activity for a period of four to six weeks following the operation in […]
Archive | TPLORSS feed for this section
Chubi is now 7 tears old. About a year ago, I noticed that Chubi was limping. At one point she was unable to get up the stairs. I went to the vet and they recommended some muscle relaxants and that the dog only have short walks for about 2 weeks. This seemed to work and […]
Back in January 2018 my dog tore one of his CCL and I was told he was going to need surgery. I was not excited about the idea of surgery. I researched a little about conservative methods, but for an active dog like mine, it didn’t seem to work as well. I went to see […]
Our 6 month old rescue Greyhound/GSD cross was playing with another dog at the park and we heard a yelp and he started to limp. It looked at first as if he had hip dysplasia and had tweaked it, he had the typical wiggly walk and tended to bunny hop instead of running, including when […]
My little 4 year old border collie x Labrador Mishka tore her CCL 10 weeks ago. She was outside absolutely fine and running around and then all of a sudden when I went to bring her dinner, she was limping around with a foot that refused to touch the ground. I was concerned, but assumed […]
Our 5-1/2 year old Gabby, a black lab/pit mix rescue tore her CCLs bilaterally back in August of 2017 from a day of too much running and climbing stairs at a new home where we had a very large fenced area installed for our dogs to enjoy. That night, she laid down to nap […]
Approximately two years ago, my black lab/pit/boxer started limping in her right back leg. I took her to the vet who said it was an ACL injury. She recommended surgery or possibly a brace. I took her home and tried to think of a way to come up with the money. Some sites said she […]
Hello! Ernie, our 10-year-old kelpie cross was just one night holding his hind leg off the ground and we could see he was in pain. The vet took x-rays 2 days after but couldnt see that anything was going on. They suggested an arthroscopy which we did. I cannot thank these vets enough. A mobile […]
Late November 2016 My family and I (all 8 of us: 3 kids, 3 dogs, my husband, and I) were enjoying a movie in bed one Friday evening when all of a sudden we noticed our 6-month-old yellow Lab, Bennett, limping on his hind leg. We assumed his leg had fallen asleep so I took […]
- Mishka – TPLO Surgery and Recovery May 28, 2018
- Nigel- TPLO -Broken Drill Bit & Other Complications August 24, 2018
- Conservative Management and Holistic Treatment – Muffin April 18, 2018
- Callie – CCL, TTA Surgery with Complications August 9, 2018
- Murphy – TPLO Surgery Complication June 27, 2018
- Chubi Shitzu/Pincher/Pug August 27, 2018
- Brewster – Ruptured CCL July 27, 2018
- How To Confine Your Dog After TPLO Surgery: March 15, 2019
- Benry – Band surgery March 15, 2019
- Bikini – Double Torn CCL Conservative Management March 8, 2019
- How To Prepare Your Home For Conservative Management March 1, 2019
- Can A Dog Live With A Torn ACL? February 14, 2019
- Roxie – TPLO Surgery December 22, 2018
- Buddy – Torn ACL, Conservative Management October 19, 2018
- Josie: now my dog is going in on the 2nd and I have a mat...
- Dawn: Where did you have this done?...
- Cherie Brinkley: What is Conservative Management? We have a 12 yr....
- Alex: My American Pitbull 2yrs 55lbs had the clicking as...
- Suzy mom: Well my suzy went to have the tplo and the vet sto...
- Vickie: These are awesome suggestions! It was a long 4 mon...
- Vickie: To all those who are reading in preparation for su...
- Dog ACL Surgery
- Conservative Management
- Dog Knee Brace
- Financial Assistance
- Read Stories
- Watch Video