I wrote an article here a few months ago on conservative treatment on my two year old chocolate Labrador, Marley, with crucial ligament damage in both back knees. I had been using the holistic approach plus rest , plus weight reduction since October 2018. He weighed 45kilos and I finally got his weight down to […]
Archive | TPLORSS feed for this section
Dixie is an APBT and weighs 38 lbs. Perfectly proportioned, active and exercised regularly. Yes, she runs, plays, cuts, and turns, chases rats (she is a terrier) and other moving vermin and pulls on rope toys with her “sisters”. One morning, during play, we heard the back ligament snap. No pain, but she is a […]
Everything You Need To Know To Enhance This Important Post-Operative Healing Period Create a post-operative healing space for your dog by following a few simple guidelines that will enhance the experience for both of you. A tibial-plateau-leveling osteotomy (TPLO) surgery requires restricted activity for a period of four to six weeks following the operation in […]
Chubi is now 7 tears old. About a year ago, I noticed that Chubi was limping. At one point she was unable to get up the stairs. I went to the vet and they recommended some muscle relaxants and that the dog only have short walks for about 2 weeks. This seemed to work and […]
Back in January 2018 my dog tore one of his CCL and I was told he was going to need surgery. I was not excited about the idea of surgery. I researched a little about conservative methods, but for an active dog like mine, it didn’t seem to work as well. I went to see […]
Our 6 month old rescue Greyhound/GSD cross was playing with another dog at the park and we heard a yelp and he started to limp. It looked at first as if he had hip dysplasia and had tweaked it, he had the typical wiggly walk and tended to bunny hop instead of running, including when […]
My little 4 year old border collie x Labrador Mishka tore her CCL 10 weeks ago. She was outside absolutely fine and running around and then all of a sudden when I went to bring her dinner, she was limping around with a foot that refused to touch the ground. I was concerned, but assumed […]
Our 5-1/2 year old Gabby, a black lab/pit mix rescue tore her CCLs bilaterally back in August of 2017 from a day of too much running and climbing stairs at a new home where we had a very large fenced area installed for our dogs to enjoy. That night, she laid down to nap […]
Approximately two years ago, my black lab/pit/boxer started limping in her right back leg. I took her to the vet who said it was an ACL injury. She recommended surgery or possibly a brace. I took her home and tried to think of a way to come up with the money. Some sites said she […]
- Callie – CCL, TTA Surgery with Complications August 9, 2018
- Nigel- TPLO -Broken Drill Bit & Other Complications August 24, 2018
- Benry – Band surgery March 15, 2019
- Can A Dog Live With A Torn ACL? February 14, 2019
- Chubi Shitzu/Pincher/Pug August 27, 2018
- Brewster – Ruptured CCL July 27, 2018
- How To Prepare Your Home For Conservative Management March 1, 2019
- Marley – Double TPLO Surgery *Update* July 22, 2019
- Buddy – Double ACL Injuries June 14, 2019
- Dixie – Double Lateral Suture Stabilization June 10, 2019
- Olivia, Conservative Management (Recent Injury) June 8, 2019
- Marley- Conservative Management May 7, 2019
- The Cost Of Dog ACL Surgery In 2019 April 2, 2019
- What To Expect After Dog ACL Surgery March 25, 2019
- Samantha: I'm 6 months out from TPLO and now have a clickin...
- Trisha: Wow, what a struggle for you and your dog. Thank ...
- Diane hawkins: Awaiting your response in regards to luxating pate...
- Di hawkins: Where do I get knee brace from. All kinds of info-...
- Joyce Sparks: Just wanted to share Leo's story. We knew somethi...
- Susan: I am very interested in reading all the posts abou...
- Marley - Double TPLO Surgery *Update* | Dog Knee Injury: […] wrote an article here a few months ago o...
- Dog ACL Surgery
- Conservative Management
- Dog Knee Brace
- Financial Assistance
- Read Stories
- Watch Video