The pet industry is a multi billion dollar a year venture, and this includes veterinarian care. Naturally, there are situations when surgery is the only option, but like any profit driven business, a clinic makes more money if more dogs are undergoing extensive surgery. So, does your dog really need surgery with a partial cruciate […]
Archive | Dog Knee Alternative TreatmentRSS feed for this section
The most common joint injury in dogs is partial or complete tear of the stifle (aka the hind knee). So common is this injury, that the National Institute of Health has produced an increasing number of peer reviewed journals on the matter that explore a wide variety of topics from which surgery choices are most […]
Invasive and expensive surgery options for torn CCLs in dogs may not be available or appealing to many dog owners. Luckily there are both older and emerging alternatives to surgery that are available to this demographic. If you are looking for alternative care for your dog’s torn ACL, then it will not take long to […]
Considering an operation on your dog’s knee? There are several important factors to consider before diving into a major undertaking that will affect not only your dog’s health but your entire lifestyle as well. This article has outlined the top ten most important considerations before ACL surgery for your dog. Here are the top ten […]
My 12-year-old (best estimate of his age) Bordie-Collie mix (and breed) injured his CCL on 5/11/21. He is about 50 lbs. I adopted him from the Humane Society 8 years ago. We were able to get in to see the vet within a few hours of his injury and a CCL tear was diagnosed based […]
Most pet owners have a strong emotional bond to their animal, and it may surprise them that dog knee surgeries account for over 1.3 billion dollars a year in the US alone. So with such a strong fiscal record, is surgery always necessary for partial ACL tears in dogs? The advice surrounding the best treatment […]
Saul is a Johnson American Bulldog. He is a big-boned breed he’s 17 months. and 80 lbs. He could not do things I thought he should be able to. He often wined for no reason. Often he would limp. I thought his hips looked narrow for his chest. I brought him to the vet and […]
What is MMP Surgery for dogs? We all want our dogs to live long, healthy and fulfilling lives. And sometimes that means your dog may tear his CCL after chasing a squirrel and require MMP surgery. The Modified Maguet Procedure is a minimally invasive procedure used to repair a ruptured or torn cranial cruciate ligament […]
We are on round 2 with dog #2 on concervative managment for CCL tear with my dogs. My first story is my harrier hound, Birdie, who went lame on a walk with me at the age of 11. Like everyone else here the doctor pushed the surgery and the arthritis speil. I don’t know, it […]
My sweet (about to be 14 next month) English Springer Spaniel who is still quite healthy (although slowing down)….has had the start of arthritis and somehow managed to jump off the last step just right on Monday, May 27 (Memorial Day)…that she slipped….came up limping and turns out she tore her ACL. Vet can’t say […]
- Tovah’s Story: Complete ACL Tear Surgery June 4, 2021
- QLF Surgery: What Is It and Is It The Best Option For Your Dog’s Torn ACL? June 6, 2021
- Tedy’s Story: Conservative Management June 8, 2021
- Dog Limping After Knee Surgery April 19, 2021
- Dog ACL Surgery Cost in 2021 Dog: Find Out What The Cost Of Dog Knee Surgery Is Near You May 4, 2021
- Dog Knee Sprains vs. ACL Tear – How to Tell May 26, 2021
- How To Prevent Dog ACL Injuries May 29, 2021
- How To Prevent Knee Injury In Your Rescue Dog: You May Be Able To Help Prevent The Trauma Of Knee Injury October 9, 2021
- Surgery Financing For Dog Cruciate Ligament Repair September 23, 2021
- Partial Cruciate Ligament Tears In Dogs- Is Surgery Needed? September 19, 2021
- Can A Dog Walk With A Torn ACL? September 17, 2021
- Do Dog Braces Work For CCL Tears? August 13, 2021
- Dog Knee Surgery Success Rates: TPLO, Tightrope, TTA, and Traditional Extracapsular Repair Surgery August 10, 2021
- Does A Dog’s Size Impact Surgery Success For Cruciate Ligament Repair? August 6, 2021
- Nat: Hi, I know it's been a long while since you wrote...
- Nat: Would you mind sharing what route you ended up goi...
- Nat: Does anyone reading thus have experience with usin...
- Katie: Thank you for sharing your experience! Our dog had...
- Paula: For our 50lb red nose we did the laser therapy a c...
- Nat: Thanks for responding. My dog is 65lbs so I'm ho...
- Paula: My vet said surgery was an option but not necessar...
- Dog ACL Surgery
- Conservative Management
- Dog Knee Brace
- Financial Assistance
- Read Stories
- Watch Video