The most common joint injury in dogs is partial or complete tear of the stifle (aka the hind knee). So common is this injury, that the National Institute of Health has produced an increasing number of peer reviewed journals on the matter that explore a wide variety of topics from which surgery choices are most […]
Archive | SymptomsRSS feed for this section
Before investing in knee surgery for your dog, it would be wise to look at the statistical information surrounding the success rates of each specific type of surgery. Hind knee tears in dogs is the leading cause of lameness and pain for domesticated canines, and according to NIH, there is no absolute gold standard to […]
Dog knee surgery is both a financial investment as well as a time and energy commitment. With so much on the line for both dog and owner the hope is that surgery is successful. Statistically, the odds are in favor of those who commit to dog knee surgery with a reported success rate of 85%-95% […]
The recovery process after dog knee surgery will often determine how successful the surgery is. This means that the owner takes an active role to ensure that all portions of postoperative protocol are followed to ensure the highest success rate. Walking a dog after surgery will involve slow incremental changes to frequency, duration, and challenge. […]
Considering an operation on your dog’s knee? There are several important factors to consider before diving into a major undertaking that will affect not only your dog’s health but your entire lifestyle as well. This article has outlined the top ten most important considerations before ACL surgery for your dog. Here are the top ten […]
Most pet owners have a strong emotional bond to their animal, and it may surprise them that dog knee surgeries account for over 1.3 billion dollars a year in the US alone. So with such a strong fiscal record, is surgery always necessary for partial ACL tears in dogs? The advice surrounding the best treatment […]
Knees in both humans and dogs are complex, ultimately it does require a professional veterinarian to diagnose the extent of your dog’s knee injury. However there are some signs and symptoms to be aware of so that you, the owner can get a general sense of what may be going on with your dog’s injured […]
If your dog has injured their knee you may be wondering what the cost of surgery will be. The answer to this question will depend on these primary factors: What Type Of Knee Surgery: There are four primary variations of dog knee surgery, some will cost more while others will be more economical choices. Location: Where […]
Can a dog tear the same ACL twice? After your dog has TPLO surgery, the last thing you want your furry friend to deal with is another injury. TPLO surgery is a fairly common repair that makes the dog’s leg function again without the ligament. Although the odds of retearing the same ACL are low […]
How Long Should You Expect Your Dog to Limp After ACL, TPLO, Or TPA surgery? It is both expected and completely normal for your dog to limp for a period of time after extensive knee surgery. The length of time and the severity of the limping will depend on a few factors, such as the […]
- Tovah’s Story: Complete ACL Tear Surgery June 4, 2021
- QLF Surgery: What Is It and Is It The Best Option For Your Dog’s Torn ACL? June 6, 2021
- Tedy’s Story: Conservative Management June 8, 2021
- Dog Limping After Knee Surgery April 19, 2021
- Dog ACL Surgery Cost in 2021 Dog: Find Out What The Cost Of Dog Knee Surgery Is Near You May 4, 2021
- Dog Knee Sprains vs. ACL Tear – How to Tell May 26, 2021
- How To Prevent Dog ACL Injuries May 29, 2021
- How To Prevent Knee Injury In Your Rescue Dog: You May Be Able To Help Prevent The Trauma Of Knee Injury October 9, 2021
- Surgery Financing For Dog Cruciate Ligament Repair September 23, 2021
- Partial Cruciate Ligament Tears In Dogs- Is Surgery Needed? September 19, 2021
- Can A Dog Walk With A Torn ACL? September 17, 2021
- Do Dog Braces Work For CCL Tears? August 13, 2021
- Dog Knee Surgery Success Rates: TPLO, Tightrope, TTA, and Traditional Extracapsular Repair Surgery August 10, 2021
- Does A Dog’s Size Impact Surgery Success For Cruciate Ligament Repair? August 6, 2021
- Nat: Hi, I know it's been a long while since you wrote...
- Nat: Would you mind sharing what route you ended up goi...
- Nat: Does anyone reading thus have experience with usin...
- Katie: Thank you for sharing your experience! Our dog had...
- Paula: For our 50lb red nose we did the laser therapy a c...
- Nat: Thanks for responding. My dog is 65lbs so I'm ho...
- Paula: My vet said surgery was an option but not necessar...
- Dog ACL Surgery
- Conservative Management
- Dog Knee Brace
- Financial Assistance
- Read Stories
- Watch Video