Before investing in knee surgery for your dog, it would be wise to look at the statistical information surrounding the success rates of each specific type of surgery. Hind knee tears in dogs is the leading cause of lameness and pain for domesticated canines, and according to NIH, there is no absolute gold standard to […]
Archive | Traditional RepairRSS feed for this section
The size of the dog who has injured their ACL is relevant in both the success of the surgery and overall recovery. When it comes to tearing cranial cruciate ligament, smaller dogs are at an absolute advantage over their larger counterparts in all areas. Studies suggest that not only is surgery more successful in smaller […]
Tears and strains to the cruciate ligament in a dog (the human ACL), is the most common injury among canines, but how can you tell if your dog needs surgery for this, or if it is an injury that will heal on its own? As is true with so many things in life, this all […]
Dog knee surgery is both a financial investment as well as a time and energy commitment. With so much on the line for both dog and owner the hope is that surgery is successful. Statistically, the odds are in favor of those who commit to dog knee surgery with a reported success rate of 85%-95% […]
I am writing to share Maggie’s story because when I found out about her injury I scoured the internet for stories relating to cruciate injuries and this website was my saving grace! We adopted Maggie at 8 weeks old as a rescue pup from New Mexico. We are avid hikers so Maggie was always hiking […]
Hey there! It is with great pleasure that I share Periwinkle’s success with her “traditional” knee repair surgery. Winksy is a 6-ish year old pit bull terrier or mix. I am sharing this story 3 years after Winksy’s surgery because I wanted to give the repair time to succeed or fail, so to speak. My […]
Shelbie is 9 years old in February and a 50lb mix of Anatolian Shepherd and Lab so she has always been active and loves chasing her ball and Frisbee! At least she used to 🙁 About 2 years back she had her left knee buckle and was extremely lame on it, of course immediately took […]
My beagle, Bridget, ruptured her cruciate ligament (with partial meniscus tear) in April, 2015, and we chose the Traditional Repair for a couple of reasons: Bridget is an older dog (rescued her over 10 years ago when she was already an adult), and she also has arthritis. Because of her age, I wanted the least […]
Santos is a rescued/adopted 7 year old Greyhound and Dalmatian mix with diabetes diagnosed one year ago. Santos had a full tear with no meniscus damage. I attempted CM (Conservative Management) for 1.5 months with him getting worse. I decided to get the knee surgically repaired. Because of his diabetes, I brought him home the […]
My little Coton De Tulear, Mack, tore his ACL/CCL on the night of Feb 4th, 2013. He’s an extremely athletic and fast little guy – loves to jump and move at the speed of light outside. He thinks he’s the head of National Security of the Street, and I believe his ACL finally gave out […]
- Tovah’s Story: Complete ACL Tear Surgery June 4, 2021
- QLF Surgery: What Is It and Is It The Best Option For Your Dog’s Torn ACL? June 6, 2021
- Tedy’s Story: Conservative Management June 8, 2021
- Dog Limping After Knee Surgery April 19, 2021
- Dog ACL Surgery Cost in 2021 Dog: Find Out What The Cost Of Dog Knee Surgery Is Near You May 4, 2021
- Dog Knee Sprains vs. ACL Tear – How to Tell May 26, 2021
- How To Prevent Dog ACL Injuries May 29, 2021
- How To Prevent Knee Injury In Your Rescue Dog: You May Be Able To Help Prevent The Trauma Of Knee Injury October 9, 2021
- Surgery Financing For Dog Cruciate Ligament Repair September 23, 2021
- Partial Cruciate Ligament Tears In Dogs- Is Surgery Needed? September 19, 2021
- Can A Dog Walk With A Torn ACL? September 17, 2021
- Do Dog Braces Work For CCL Tears? August 13, 2021
- Dog Knee Surgery Success Rates: TPLO, Tightrope, TTA, and Traditional Extracapsular Repair Surgery August 10, 2021
- Does A Dog’s Size Impact Surgery Success For Cruciate Ligament Repair? August 6, 2021
- Nat: Hi, I know it's been a long while since you wrote...
- Nat: Would you mind sharing what route you ended up goi...
- Nat: Does anyone reading thus have experience with usin...
- Katie: Thank you for sharing your experience! Our dog had...
- Paula: For our 50lb red nose we did the laser therapy a c...
- Nat: Thanks for responding. My dog is 65lbs so I'm ho...
- Paula: My vet said surgery was an option but not necessar...
- Dog ACL Surgery
- Conservative Management
- Dog Knee Brace
- Financial Assistance
- Read Stories
- Watch Video