Bikini during conservative management of double CCL tears In late August 2018, I noticed my 7-years old English bulldog Bikini, showed some lameness (rear right leg) off and on for a bit. After 2-3 weeks, seeing this was not going away that she was now hesitant to go up and down the stairs, not following […]
Archive | Non-Surgical OptionsRSS feed for this section
Deciding to treat your canine pet’s injuries with conservative management requires time, energy, and also the commitment to prepare your home in an optimal fashion to support your dog’s recovery. Understanding that rest is a key ingredient for conservative management to be effective means that you will need to limit the space in your home […]
Hello everyone, On May 1, 2017 my 8-year-old Newfoundland was running around in the yard when I heard a yelp. I turned around and saw that she was on the ground and couldn’t get up. I helped her to get up on her feet but she could not walk on her injured right rear leg. […]
Another alternative therapy you may or may not have heard of is Pulsed Signal Therapy (PST). PST is a relatively new treatment for both humans and dogs, used to treat conditions like osteoarthritis, degenerative joint disease, elbow/hip dysplasia, non-union bone fractures, and, of course, tendon and ligament injuries. PST is similar to other alternative therapies […]
Gracie is an 8-year-old shepherd/retriever/chow mix. About 65 pounds. On Thanksgiving 2017, she was racing around the yard in a zoomie mood, full of joy. Then all of a sudden “YIPE!” and she could not walk on her right hind leg. This is a very important piece of the decision making puzzle: Gracie is extremely […]
Dogs with CCL injuries can benefit from a variety of alternative therapies. Among them is platelet rich plasma (PRP) treatment. Similar in concept to stem cell therapy and perhaps a bit like prolotherapy, PRP treatment takes the blood of a canine patient, processes it, and re-injects it into the body. PRP is a part of […]
So, last February, 2017, Howie suddenly was limping. We took him to our vet who, after several minutes, told us he needs TPLO surgery within 30 days or he will develop arthritis. Our first and only dog – we didn’t know – we took him to their recommended specialist (11 days later was the earliest). […]
Hello to all! I have a Golden Retriever (Peyton) and a black Lab mix (Duke). In May of 2015, as we were preparing for my sons graduation from high school and heading to college, Duke and Peyton were playing in the backyard when Duke came in limping on his back left leg. With college on […]
Noelle is a 5-year-old female German Shepherd/Lab mix. On Dec. 23 she came home limping from our yard. She was holding her rear left leg up. Next morning we let her go in the yard and she started running around but again came home limping. We didn’t restrict her a lot since we didn’t know what […]
Nadine’s (11-year-old Aussie/Border Collie, 48 lbs) rehab began about 10 weeks ago. She came back from running after something in the dark non-weight bearing on her left hind leg. My vet and I both prayed for a break, anything but an ACL injury. Yes, I get two stars as Nadine is considered to be in […]
- Mishka – TPLO Surgery and Recovery May 28, 2018
- Callie – CCL, TTA Surgery with Complications August 9, 2018
- Nigel- TPLO -Broken Drill Bit & Other Complications August 24, 2018
- Benry – Band surgery March 15, 2019
- Murphy – TPLO Surgery Complication June 27, 2018
- Can A Dog Live With A Torn ACL? February 14, 2019
- Chubi Shitzu/Pincher/Pug August 27, 2018
- Buddy – Double ACL Injuries June 14, 2019
- Dixie – Double Lateral Suture Stabilization June 10, 2019
- Olivia, Conservative Management (Recent Injury) June 8, 2019
- Marley- Conservative Management May 7, 2019
- The Cost Of Dog ACL Surgery In 2019 April 2, 2019
- What To Expect After Dog ACL Surgery March 25, 2019
- How To Confine Your Dog After TPLO Surgery: March 15, 2019
- Glynis Ritter: I too have a 9+ year old dog, that tore is cruciat...
- Dave: I would check out tiggerpoz.com which I used as my...
- Nancy Hess: I was researching for our 6yo rescue doberman and ...
- Sam: Yay, so happy for you and Bruzier!...
- Sam: Yes, this is happening to us right now. Also very ...
- Susan: Tried brace and all modalities but finally had su...
- Kristi: hi Just reading through this and wondered what you...
- Dog ACL Surgery
- Conservative Management
- Dog Knee Brace
- Financial Assistance
- Read Stories
- Watch Video