The cost of pet ownership comes with a high price tag, a price many Americans are willing to pay with over 63 million dog owners in the US alone. Americans spend $1 billion on pet insurance each year, and while this can be a great option for many dog owner’s, it is not the only […]
Archive | Dog Knee SurgeryRSS feed for this section
The pet industry is a multi billion dollar a year venture, and this includes veterinarian care. Naturally, there are situations when surgery is the only option, but like any profit driven business, a clinic makes more money if more dogs are undergoing extensive surgery. So, does your dog really need surgery with a partial cruciate […]
The size of the dog who has injured their ACL is relevant in both the success of the surgery and overall recovery. When it comes to tearing cranial cruciate ligament, smaller dogs are at an absolute advantage over their larger counterparts in all areas. Studies suggest that not only is surgery more successful in smaller […]
Dog knee surgery is both a financial investment as well as a time and energy commitment. With so much on the line for both dog and owner the hope is that surgery is successful. Statistically, the odds are in favor of those who commit to dog knee surgery with a reported success rate of 85%-95% […]
Ruptured, torn, or partially torn ACL’s in dogs are so common that it is not surprising new technologies continue to develop to treat these injuries. QLF or MLFS surgery is a progressive operation that is much less common than its counterparts, but may be just the answer you and your dog are looking for. QLF […]
On Saturday our seven year old Duck Tolling Retriever had an accident where she fell through some deck boards and was hanging off the edge of the deck for a few seconds while we tried to get her out. This resulted in a complete tear of her cruciate ligament (ACL). Our vet said that our […]
Helpful Tips To Help You Find The Right Veterinary Knee Surgeon For You and Your Dog Has the time come for your dog to have knee surgery? If so it will be important to find the right surgeon for both you and your dog. There are several factors to consider as you research the ideal […]
Dorie’s ACL injury journey started in November 2019 as I was rushing to get ready for work on a Friday morning. I had just let her outside to use the bathroom and she made her normal rounds of barking at the deer and letting the neighbors know she was up. When she was coming back […]
Mateo tore his CCL, right leg, last March 2019. While he was favoring that leg he tore his left leg. The doctor wanted to schedule surgery. I was concerned about his growth plates not being closed. He agreed, and we waited. I was surprised that this was not brought up by him. While we were […]
I wrote an article here a few months ago on conservative treatment on my two year old chocolate Labrador, Marley, with crucial ligament damage in both back knees. I had been using the holistic approach plus rest , plus weight reduction since October 2018. He weighed 45kilos and I finally got his weight down to […]
- Tovah’s Story: Complete ACL Tear Surgery June 4, 2021
- QLF Surgery: What Is It and Is It The Best Option For Your Dog’s Torn ACL? June 6, 2021
- Tedy’s Story: Conservative Management June 8, 2021
- Dog Limping After Knee Surgery April 19, 2021
- Dog ACL Surgery Cost in 2021 Dog: Find Out What The Cost Of Dog Knee Surgery Is Near You May 4, 2021
- Dog Knee Sprains vs. ACL Tear – How to Tell May 26, 2021
- How To Prevent Dog ACL Injuries May 29, 2021
- How To Prevent Knee Injury In Your Rescue Dog: You May Be Able To Help Prevent The Trauma Of Knee Injury October 9, 2021
- Surgery Financing For Dog Cruciate Ligament Repair September 23, 2021
- Partial Cruciate Ligament Tears In Dogs- Is Surgery Needed? September 19, 2021
- Can A Dog Walk With A Torn ACL? September 17, 2021
- Do Dog Braces Work For CCL Tears? August 13, 2021
- Dog Knee Surgery Success Rates: TPLO, Tightrope, TTA, and Traditional Extracapsular Repair Surgery August 10, 2021
- Does A Dog’s Size Impact Surgery Success For Cruciate Ligament Repair? August 6, 2021
- Nat: Hi, I know it's been a long while since you wrote...
- Nat: Would you mind sharing what route you ended up goi...
- Nat: Does anyone reading thus have experience with usin...
- Katie: Thank you for sharing your experience! Our dog had...
- Paula: For our 50lb red nose we did the laser therapy a c...
- Nat: Thanks for responding. My dog is 65lbs so I'm ho...
- Paula: My vet said surgery was an option but not necessar...
- Dog ACL Surgery
- Conservative Management
- Dog Knee Brace
- Financial Assistance
- Read Stories
- Watch Video