Molly blew out her left knee last year jumping up to bark at E.T. on the TV. She was in obvious, immediate, excruciating pain shown by the terrible howling for the first several seconds. We got her right in and had TPLO done within a few days. Over the last year she has returned to […]
For many people who face the possibility of surgery for their dog, a common concern is the price. And it can be expensive, but sometimes it’s the only option. This post is to help give you an idea of the total cost of dog knee injury-related procedures, including the surgery itself, post-op care, any extra […]
Blue is a 2-year-old pit bull who stole my heart the day I laid eyes on her. She was 8 weeks when we got her. She began to have problems with her hind right leg and when we took her for x-rays, they discovered the torn ACL. She was barely a year old. We were […]
Three months ago in February, my Scottie Terrier, Sophie, tore her CCL. She is 22.5 lbs and 7 years old. She had x-rays and saw two different vets, one being an orthopedic who recommend the band surgery. He manipulated it and said it was completely torn (not sure if he can really tell?) Anyway, I […]
Simba got his surgery done at a vet that specializes in knee surgery so we decided to do his TTA surgery there. Simba stayed over night at the hospital and came home with us yesterday. He is not eating his food (Simba is on a raw food diet) but ate a small amount of tuna with […]
No idea how Meggie, age 8, partially ruptured her cruciate ligament! Nevertheless, she did and our wonderful vet said she needed a specialist vet to do the surgery on June 24, 2015. We had some insurance and this covered her operation at West Midlands Referrals in Lichfield. She went in at 9am and was collected […]
Cooper is an Australian Shepherd on the high energy side, as one of my friends (who isn’t a dog person) used to say, “Did you purposely pick the craziest dog?” At he age of 8, he still gives life 150% and can outrun most dogs at the park. When Cooper was 2, he came back […]
This story is hot off the presses as we are on day 9 of what I expect will be a lengthy process. Fry is our 6-year-old Corgi mix (looks all Corgi to me). All these years he has been happy and healthy until the second week of July 2015. We have an acre of land […]
Let me introduce you to my baby Dakota. She is a 70lb Rotti mix with elbow dysplasia in both front legs and she had a fully torn CCL in her back right leg. Needless to say, she only had one good leg left. Because of this, we decided to have surgery. I met with a […]
TPLO and TTA Surgery for Dogs – Our Experience The first knee was repaired in 2008 by a freelance orthopedic vet (surgeon) using the TPLO procedure, on our then 8 yr old lab/pit mix, 55 pounds. The repair went well, recovery time was rather uneventful, we were patient and forewarned of what to expect. The […]
- Mishka – TPLO Surgery and Recovery May 28, 2018
- Callie – CCL, TTA Surgery with Complications August 9, 2018
- Nigel- TPLO -Broken Drill Bit & Other Complications August 24, 2018
- Conservative Management and Holistic Treatment – Muffin April 18, 2018
- Murphy – TPLO Surgery Complication June 27, 2018
- Can A Dog Live With A Torn ACL? February 14, 2019
- Chubi Shitzu/Pincher/Pug August 27, 2018
- Marley- Conservative Management May 7, 2019
- The Cost Of Dog ACL Surgery In 2019 April 2, 2019
- What To Expect After Dog ACL Surgery March 25, 2019
- How To Confine Your Dog After TPLO Surgery: March 15, 2019
- Benry – Band surgery March 15, 2019
- Bikini – Double Torn CCL Conservative Management March 8, 2019
- How To Prepare Your Home For Conservative Management March 1, 2019
- Chris: I am doing physical therapy the day after the spli...
- Janette: Did the vet say anything about waiting until he wa...
- Rebecca: My 4 yr old black lab has a partial knee tear. Th...
- Janette: Curious to see how he's now? I just came from th...
- Janette: Curious to see how Jackson is doing now? I just c...
- sami: I am sorry to hear about what happened to your cal...
- Diane: I have a 90 lb boxer with a torn acl, x-ray done a...
- Dog ACL Surgery
- Conservative Management
- Dog Knee Brace
- Financial Assistance
- Read Stories
- Watch Video