Gracie is an 8-year-old shepherd/retriever/chow mix. About 65 pounds. On Thanksgiving 2017, she was racing around the yard in a zoomie mood, full of joy. Then all of a sudden “YIPE!” and she could not walk on her right hind leg. This is a very important piece of the decision making puzzle: Gracie is extremely […]
Late November 2016 My family and I (all 8 of us: 3 kids, 3 dogs, my husband, and I) were enjoying a movie in bed one Friday evening when all of a sudden we noticed our 6-month-old yellow Lab, Bennett, limping on his hind leg. We assumed his leg had fallen asleep so I took […]
My 9-year-old 64 lb Kaylie became critically ill in June 2015 and was diagnosed with canine systemic lupus (which acts very much like human lupus) but luckily I found a wonderful internal medicine vet who is very knowledgable in this area. Through immunosuppressive drugs–Prednisone and Imuran among them–she has been in remission since mid-summer 2015, […]
My Australian Shepherd, Shadow, is 7 years old now. He has always been a very active dog, so needless to say, the last four months have been crazy. On October 13, Shadow was hit by a car; luckily the guy was barely moving 5 mph or this would’ve been way worse. Shadow’s right front leg […]
Simba got his surgery done at a vet that specializes in knee surgery so we decided to do his TTA surgery there. Simba stayed over night at the hospital and came home with us yesterday. He is not eating his food (Simba is on a raw food diet) but ate a small amount of tuna with […]
Panzer completely ruptured his ACL in his left leg in Sept 2014. Panzer is a 5-year-old Doberman who weighs around 105 lbs. He’s lean and loves to run the fence line and turn on a dime…thus the ACL tear. His surgery was a success! He gained back all of the muscle in his left leg […]
Four weeks ago my 6-year-old Greater Swiss Mountain Betty, who is very active and very healthy, tore her cruciate ligament and began limping. We love our dog very much and of course took her to a vet who did x-rays and an exam and recommended a surgical hospital that had board certified surgeons who taught […]
Well here it goes. Our 8-year-old black lab mix, Angus, has always been a very high energy athletic dog. A few months ago, he turned up lame on the right side, not putting his foot down, etc. We didn’t witness the event that caused this, but it was likely running through the yard doing his […]
About 1 month ago, my 8 year old Border Collie completely tore his CCL and Meniscus to his right rear leg. Neo already had 1 big strike against him. He had broken his left leg when he was a puppy and developed terrible arthritis in that leg. We had a stem cell transplant in 2010 […]
Sadie is my daytime companion. My husband is Sadie’s favorite person at night when he gets home. Two weeks ago today we took Sadie to see the vet. Our dog was limping she somehow bad hurt herself Friday while turning around in the house. Sadie has some pre-existing conditions epilepsy and hypothyroidism. So the vet […]
- Callie – CCL, TTA Surgery with Complications August 9, 2018
- Nigel- TPLO -Broken Drill Bit & Other Complications August 24, 2018
- Benry – Band surgery March 15, 2019
- Can A Dog Live With A Torn ACL? February 14, 2019
- Chubi Shitzu/Pincher/Pug August 27, 2018
- Brewster – Ruptured CCL July 27, 2018
- How To Prepare Your Home For Conservative Management March 1, 2019
- Marley – Double TPLO Surgery *Update* July 22, 2019
- Buddy – Double ACL Injuries June 14, 2019
- Dixie – Double Lateral Suture Stabilization June 10, 2019
- Olivia, Conservative Management (Recent Injury) June 8, 2019
- Marley- Conservative Management May 7, 2019
- The Cost Of Dog ACL Surgery In 2019 April 2, 2019
- What To Expect After Dog ACL Surgery March 25, 2019
- Linsey: My Dog Sophie is a nine year old English Springer ...
- Kristin: How is your pup doing? My 6 year old is going to ...
- Deb: I am also considering this brace for my 22 # cocka...
- Samantha: I'm 6 months out from TPLO and now have a clickin...
- Trisha: Wow, what a struggle for you and your dog. Thank ...
- Diane hawkins: Awaiting your response in regards to luxating pate...
- Di hawkins: Where do I get knee brace from. All kinds of info-...
- Dog ACL Surgery
- Conservative Management
- Dog Knee Brace
- Financial Assistance
- Read Stories
- Watch Video