Hello everyone, On May 1, 2017 my 8-year-old Newfoundland was running around in the yard when I heard a yelp. I turned around and saw that she was on the ground and couldn’t get up. I helped her to get up on her feet but she could not walk on her injured right rear leg. […]
Hi everyone…my boxer is 2.5 months short of 3 years. She has always been very active and an avid ball chaser and frisbee catcher. We noticed her limping on her hind right leg a few months ago, but when let outside bursts into a full run. Her limping worried us enough that we made an […]
Another alternative therapy you may or may not have heard of is Pulsed Signal Therapy (PST). PST is a relatively new treatment for both humans and dogs, used to treat conditions like osteoarthritis, degenerative joint disease, elbow/hip dysplasia, non-union bone fractures, and, of course, tendon and ligament injuries. PST is similar to other alternative therapies […]
Gracie is an 8-year-old shepherd/retriever/chow mix. About 65 pounds. On Thanksgiving 2017, she was racing around the yard in a zoomie mood, full of joy. Then all of a sudden “YIPE!” and she could not walk on her right hind leg. This is a very important piece of the decision making puzzle: Gracie is extremely […]
Dogs with CCL injuries can benefit from a variety of alternative therapies. Among them is platelet rich plasma (PRP) treatment. Similar in concept to stem cell therapy and perhaps a bit like prolotherapy, PRP treatment takes the blood of a canine patient, processes it, and re-injects it into the body. PRP is a part of […]
Hello! Ernie, our 10-year-old kelpie cross was just one night holding his hind leg off the ground and we could see he was in pain. The vet took x-rays 2 days after but couldnt see that anything was going on. They suggested an arthroscopy which we did. I cannot thank these vets enough. A mobile […]
So, last February, 2017, Howie suddenly was limping. We took him to our vet who, after several minutes, told us he needs TPLO surgery within 30 days or he will develop arthritis. Our first and only dog – we didn’t know – we took him to their recommended specialist (11 days later was the earliest). […]
Lucy is a 6-year-old Lab/hound mix who recently had a complete tear in her left hind knee and a partial in the right. Her first surgery is scheduled in 3 days. I have had both back and neck surgeries and helping her walk has been dehabiliting for me. I have no one to help. My […]
Late November 2016 My family and I (all 8 of us: 3 kids, 3 dogs, my husband, and I) were enjoying a movie in bed one Friday evening when all of a sudden we noticed our 6-month-old yellow Lab, Bennett, limping on his hind leg. We assumed his leg had fallen asleep so I took […]
Lexi is a two-year-old Lab cross who injured her left knee playing with another dog on April 28, 2017. She was running and made a a quick turn and gave a loud cry and came up lame. I took her to the local vet the next day where they confirmed that she had torn her […]
- Callie – CCL, TTA Surgery with Complications August 9, 2018
- Nigel- TPLO -Broken Drill Bit & Other Complications August 24, 2018
- Benry – Band surgery March 15, 2019
- Can A Dog Live With A Torn ACL? February 14, 2019
- Chubi Shitzu/Pincher/Pug August 27, 2018
- Brewster – Ruptured CCL July 27, 2018
- How To Prepare Your Home For Conservative Management March 1, 2019
- Marley – Double TPLO Surgery *Update* July 22, 2019
- Buddy – Double ACL Injuries June 14, 2019
- Dixie – Double Lateral Suture Stabilization June 10, 2019
- Olivia, Conservative Management (Recent Injury) June 8, 2019
- Marley- Conservative Management May 7, 2019
- The Cost Of Dog ACL Surgery In 2019 April 2, 2019
- What To Expect After Dog ACL Surgery March 25, 2019
- Linsey: My Dog Sophie is a nine year old English Springer ...
- Kristin: How is your pup doing? My 6 year old is going to ...
- Deb: I am also considering this brace for my 22 # cocka...
- Samantha: I'm 6 months out from TPLO and now have a clickin...
- Trisha: Wow, what a struggle for you and your dog. Thank ...
- Diane hawkins: Awaiting your response in regards to luxating pate...
- Di hawkins: Where do I get knee brace from. All kinds of info-...
- Dog ACL Surgery
- Conservative Management
- Dog Knee Brace
- Financial Assistance
- Read Stories
- Watch Video