For many people who face the possibility of surgery for their dog, a common concern is the price. And it can be expensive, but sometimes it’s the only option. This post is to help give you an idea of the total cost of dog knee injury-related procedures, including the surgery itself, post-op care, any extra […]
Heidi had her first CCL repair surgery (TTO) in December 2011 and her second (MMP) about 6 months later. Everything went well following both surgeries and we were problem free for about a year. Then Heidi developed a suspicious knot on her knee that worsened with exercise. It developed into an abscess and ultimately it […]
My dog Heidi has torn both of her CCLs in the past year and we opted to do surgery on both. She was just a little over a year old when she tore her first one, which had a huge impact on our decision to go the surgery route. My husband and I were newlyweds […]
Dr. James St. Clair of TopDog Health and Rehabilitation explains the importance of post operative icing within the first 72 hours following ACL repair surgery. Icing will help constrict the blood vessels and prevent inflammatory agents from entering the knee joint. The use of ice can also help relieve pain and make your pet more […]
Stetson had his TTO surgery today, just 9 weeks after my girl, Rave. His accident is an unfortunate co-incidence. Neither is related to their agility involvement. However both dogs being athletic competitors, we want a great outcome thru both the surgery and the ensuing physical therapy. I have been very well pleased with Rave’s recovery […]
Rave had the Triple Tibial Osteotomy (TTO) surgery with Stage 9 laser option. The TTO with lazer is a less invasive procedure, and there will be less scar tissue as a result. Rave was an excellent candidate for this type of procedure as she had no cartilage damage. Rave gets her staples out tomorrow morning. […]
TTO Surgery for Dogs – Coco The Chocolate Lab’s Story Coco is doing fine. She is now putting her foot to the floor for balance although she is not putting her full weight on it. She has just undergone her 2-week review and had the stitches removed. She has a further check up in 2-weeks […]
While each veterinarian typically has their own recovery protocol, the following is what you can expect as part of a standard TTO surgery recovery protocol. Appointments At first your veterinarian will want to see you a few days after the procedure, then at 1-2 weeks, and then at 6 weeks. At the 6 week post […]
TTO = TPLO + TTA [ad#medsquareright250] While still not very common in the US, the TTO is one technique available to repair a torn dog knee ACL ligament. The idea behind the TTO is to combine aspects of the TPLO and TTA to create a new angle within the injured knee joint. The goal of […]
- Tovah’s Story: Complete ACL Tear Surgery June 4, 2021
- QLF Surgery: What Is It and Is It The Best Option For Your Dog’s Torn ACL? June 6, 2021
- Tedy’s Story: Conservative Management June 8, 2021
- Dog Limping After Knee Surgery April 19, 2021
- Dog ACL Surgery Cost in 2021 Dog: Find Out What The Cost Of Dog Knee Surgery Is Near You May 4, 2021
- Dog Knee Sprains vs. ACL Tear – How to Tell May 26, 2021
- How To Prevent Dog ACL Injuries May 29, 2021
- First Aid For Torn ACL In Dogs: What Can You Do In The First 24 Hours After Your Dog Has Torn Or Partially Torn Their ACL? November 3, 2021
- How To Prevent Knee Injury In Your Rescue Dog: You May Be Able To Help Prevent The Trauma Of Knee Injury October 9, 2021
- Surgery Financing For Dog Cruciate Ligament Repair September 23, 2021
- Partial Cruciate Ligament Tears In Dogs- Is Surgery Needed? September 19, 2021
- Can A Dog Walk With A Torn ACL? September 17, 2021
- Do Dog Braces Work For CCL Tears? August 13, 2021
- Dog Knee Surgery Success Rates: TPLO, Tightrope, TTA, and Traditional Extracapsular Repair Surgery August 10, 2021
- Jax Waters: Thank you so much for this article. I've been non...
- Tiffany: Hi. My dog had both of her cruciates repaired last...
- Nat: Hi, I know it's been a long while since you wrote...
- Nat: Would you mind sharing what route you ended up goi...
- Nat: Does anyone reading thus have experience with usin...
- Katie: Thank you for sharing your experience! Our dog had...
- Paula: For our 50lb red nose we did the laser therapy a c...
- Dog ACL Surgery
- Conservative Management
- Dog Knee Brace
- Financial Assistance
- Read Stories
- Watch Video