Abby is a gorgeous, long legged black lab. She must be am mix of some kind, because she is tall and thin. She used to run like a gazelle and was full of energy. We have 3 boys and one day (after she was chasing them around the yard on their ride on jeep) she […]
Help! My dog is limping – Could it be a torn ligament? This guide is a good starting place for anyone looking for more information on dog knee problems, specifically cruciate ligament injury in dogs. This article will give an overview of dog knee injuries covering everything from symptoms to recovery. What is a Cruciate […]
How is Tightrope CCL Different from Extracapsular Imbrication or Traditional Repair? The major difference between extracapsular imbrication/traditional repair methods and tightrope ccl is the way in which the knee joint is stabilized. In a traditional CCL repair, a leader line (suture, or you can also think of this as a fishing line) is woven across […]
Your dog will be in a lot of discomfort upon their arrival home from surgery. This is especially true if their extracapsular repair was an out patient procedure, and they were released back into your care the same day of the surgery. It is important to follow all the instructions your veterinarian has provided for […]
For both humans and animals alike, any surgical procedure carries a risk of complications. You dog should have a full evaluation done, complete with blood work and other baseline testing, prior to surgery to help minimize any risks. Pre-surgical testing can often diminish the risk of death from anesthesia and other preventable complications related to […]
**UPDATE 2/2011 – The information below regarding UPenn Veterinary’s stance on TPLO surgeries is no longer correct. UPenn is, in fact, performing TPLOs on dogs. I will keep up the link to the article below discussing their previous stance toward TPLO so that people may have access to all of the information. Everything else in […]
For dogs diagnosed with cranial cruciate ligament tears or ruptures there are a number of non-surgical and surgical options available. Each dog is different, and your veterinarian will take into consideration your canine’s weight, size, overall health, severity of injury and the duration since onset when determining what treatment is best for your pet. Non-surgical […]
- Tovah’s Story: Complete ACL Tear Surgery June 4, 2021
- QLF Surgery: What Is It and Is It The Best Option For Your Dog’s Torn ACL? June 6, 2021
- Tedy’s Story: Conservative Management June 8, 2021
- Dog Limping After Knee Surgery April 19, 2021
- Dog ACL Surgery Cost in 2021 Dog: Find Out What The Cost Of Dog Knee Surgery Is Near You May 4, 2021
- Dog Knee Sprains vs. ACL Tear – How to Tell May 26, 2021
- How To Prevent Dog ACL Injuries May 29, 2021
- First Aid For Torn ACL In Dogs: What Can You Do In The First 24 Hours After Your Dog Has Torn Or Partially Torn Their ACL? November 3, 2021
- How To Prevent Knee Injury In Your Rescue Dog: You May Be Able To Help Prevent The Trauma Of Knee Injury October 9, 2021
- Surgery Financing For Dog Cruciate Ligament Repair September 23, 2021
- Partial Cruciate Ligament Tears In Dogs- Is Surgery Needed? September 19, 2021
- Can A Dog Walk With A Torn ACL? September 17, 2021
- Do Dog Braces Work For CCL Tears? August 13, 2021
- Dog Knee Surgery Success Rates: TPLO, Tightrope, TTA, and Traditional Extracapsular Repair Surgery August 10, 2021
- Jax Waters: Thank you so much for this article. I've been non...
- Tiffany: Hi. My dog had both of her cruciates repaired last...
- Nat: Hi, I know it's been a long while since you wrote...
- Nat: Would you mind sharing what route you ended up goi...
- Nat: Does anyone reading thus have experience with usin...
- Katie: Thank you for sharing your experience! Our dog had...
- Paula: For our 50lb red nose we did the laser therapy a c...
- Dog ACL Surgery
- Conservative Management
- Dog Knee Brace
- Financial Assistance
- Read Stories
- Watch Video