Looking for more information on experiences using canine chiropractic, laser therapy and nutrition to help your dog heal form a CCL knee ligament tear or rupture? Keep reading to see how Pepe is progressing using Conservative Management. My 6.5 year old Cockapoo, Pepe, ruptured his back left ACL in May – it was diagnosed by […]
Many veterinarians will try to pressure owners into immediately proceeding with surgical intervention to repair a dog’s damaged cranial cruciate ligament (CCL) by saying early intervention will decrease the likelihood of arthritic changes to the knee. There is some truth to this – restriction of the knee joint after injury does help to minimize the […]
It is not unusual for dogs who have a cranial cruciate ligament rupture in one leg to develop one in the other leg. It is a little unusual to have two severe ruptures at the same time, but it does occur, especially in large breed dogs or overweight canines. Generally the signs of this type […]
Before bringing your dog home from CCL repair surgery, you will want to make sure everything is set before their arrival. If you have already been practicing CM (conservative management) prior to surgery, odds are your home is already adequately prepared for the return of your canine patient, but it is always better to be […]
Many dogs will not have a bowel movement for the first 4 to 5 days after surgery, so if your dog falls into this category, do not worry. There are a number of reasons why a dog will not have regular bowel movements after surgery including – fasting prior to surgery, not eating well during […]
Each veterinarian seems to have their own theories regarding how soon physical therapy should be started after ccl surgery and what techniques work best. Other veterinary surgeons will write off physical therapy all together, preferring for the dog to remain quiet for the first 6-8 weeks after the repair, gradually returning to exercise. While it […]
Whether your dog has undergone a TTA, TPLO, Tightrope, or traditional extracapsular imbrication repair, the steps following surgery are generally the same. Whether your dog stays the night at the vet’s after surgery, or head home with you the day of the procedure, the first few days following the CCL repair should be dedicated to […]
One of the benefits of the newest of the cranial cruciate repair surgeries, the TTA, is the length of time required before your dog can return to exercise and a life without restrictions. Because the ostoeotomy (cutting of the bone) in the tibial tuberosity advancement procedure is done in a non weight bearing area of […]
Your dog will be in a lot of discomfort upon their arrival home from surgery. This is especially true if their extracapsular repair was an out patient procedure, and they were released back into your care the same day of the surgery. It is important to follow all the instructions your veterinarian has provided for […]
While it may carry an increased risk of complications, the recovery from TPLO surgery is often more rapid and complete. About half of all dogs undergoing the tibial plateau leveling osteotomy procedure will be able to walk on the injured limb within 24 hours of post operative recovery. Within 5 days post-op, most dogs will […]
- Callie – CCL, TTA Surgery with Complications August 9, 2018
- Nigel- TPLO -Broken Drill Bit & Other Complications August 24, 2018
- Murphy – TPLO Surgery Complication June 27, 2018
- Benry – Band surgery March 15, 2019
- Can A Dog Live With A Torn ACL? February 14, 2019
- Chubi Shitzu/Pincher/Pug August 27, 2018
- Brewster – Ruptured CCL July 27, 2018
- Buddy – Double ACL Injuries June 14, 2019
- Dixie – Double Lateral Suture Stabilization June 10, 2019
- Olivia, Conservative Management (Recent Injury) June 8, 2019
- Marley- Conservative Management May 7, 2019
- The Cost Of Dog ACL Surgery In 2019 April 2, 2019
- What To Expect After Dog ACL Surgery March 25, 2019
- How To Confine Your Dog After TPLO Surgery: March 15, 2019
- Glynis Ritter: I too have a 9+ year old dog, that tore is cruciat...
- Dave: I would check out tiggerpoz.com which I used as my...
- Nancy Hess: I was researching for our 6yo rescue doberman and ...
- Sam: Yay, so happy for you and Bruzier!...
- Sam: Yes, this is happening to us right now. Also very ...
- Susan: Tried brace and all modalities but finally had su...
- Kristi: hi Just reading through this and wondered what you...
- Dog ACL Surgery
- Conservative Management
- Dog Knee Brace
- Financial Assistance
- Read Stories
- Watch Video