I have have a 2 1/2 year old Cane Corso Mastiff and about 4 weeks ago she tore her left ACL and I was devastated. She is so young and I knew recovery post surgery was gonna be hard because she is still a puppy! I’m not sure exactly how it happened, but I know […]
This has been one of the most stressful decisions I’ve ever been presented with… Elly is my 14 y.o. husky mix. He’s had generally good health; I’ve had him since he was a pup. I wanted to do the conservative maintenance, but the more I researched the more I realized that we needed to try […]
Help! My dog is limping – Could it be a torn ligament? This guide is a good starting place for anyone looking for more information on dog knee problems, specifically cruciate ligament injury in dogs. This article will give an overview of dog knee injuries covering everything from symptoms to recovery. What is a Cruciate […]
Dog Knee Brace Experience – A-Trac Dynamic Brace [ad#medsquareright250]I had a very different experience with the A-TraC Dynamic Brace than you and Tucker. We used it with phenomenal success! When my Golden Retriever mix (Mya) ruptured her cruciate ligament, we tried Extracapsular surgery but it failed – TWICE! I did not want to put Mya […]
Our Dog Beau Our dog Beau is a seven year old Golden Retriever and master of the household! He’s friendly, fun, energetic and spoiled! Unfortunately, we learned early in his first year that he also has hip dysplasia. Until now, this has not stopped him from having an active, doggy life. However, in late November […]
How is Tightrope CCL Different from Extracapsular Imbrication or Traditional Repair? The major difference between extracapsular imbrication/traditional repair methods and tightrope ccl is the way in which the knee joint is stabilized. In a traditional CCL repair, a leader line (suture, or you can also think of this as a fishing line) is woven across […]
It is not unusual for dogs who have a cranial cruciate ligament rupture in one leg to develop one in the other leg. It is a little unusual to have two severe ruptures at the same time, but it does occur, especially in large breed dogs or overweight canines. Generally the signs of this type […]
For both humans and animals alike, any surgical procedure carries a risk of complications. You dog should have a full evaluation done, complete with blood work and other baseline testing, prior to surgery to help minimize any risks. Pre-surgical testing can often diminish the risk of death from anesthesia and other preventable complications related to […]
**UPDATE 2/2011 – The information below regarding UPenn Veterinary’s stance on TPLO surgeries is no longer correct. UPenn is, in fact, performing TPLOs on dogs. I will keep up the link to the article below discussing their previous stance toward TPLO so that people may have access to all of the information. Everything else in […]
For dogs diagnosed with cranial cruciate ligament tears or ruptures there are a number of non-surgical and surgical options available. Each dog is different, and your veterinarian will take into consideration your canine’s weight, size, overall health, severity of injury and the duration since onset when determining what treatment is best for your pet. Non-surgical […]
- Callie – CCL, TTA Surgery with Complications August 9, 2018
- Nigel- TPLO -Broken Drill Bit & Other Complications August 24, 2018
- Benry – Band surgery March 15, 2019
- Can A Dog Live With A Torn ACL? February 14, 2019
- Chubi Shitzu/Pincher/Pug August 27, 2018
- Brewster – Ruptured CCL July 27, 2018
- How To Prepare Your Home For Conservative Management March 1, 2019
- Marley – Double TPLO Surgery *Update* July 22, 2019
- Buddy – Double ACL Injuries June 14, 2019
- Dixie – Double Lateral Suture Stabilization June 10, 2019
- Olivia, Conservative Management (Recent Injury) June 8, 2019
- Marley- Conservative Management May 7, 2019
- The Cost Of Dog ACL Surgery In 2019 April 2, 2019
- What To Expect After Dog ACL Surgery March 25, 2019
- Samantha: I'm 6 months out from TPLO and now have a clickin...
- Trisha: Wow, what a struggle for you and your dog. Thank ...
- Diane hawkins: Awaiting your response in regards to luxating pate...
- Di hawkins: Where do I get knee brace from. All kinds of info-...
- Joyce Sparks: Just wanted to share Leo's story. We knew somethi...
- Susan: I am very interested in reading all the posts abou...
- Marley - Double TPLO Surgery *Update* | Dog Knee Injury: […] wrote an article here a few months ago o...
- Dog ACL Surgery
- Conservative Management
- Dog Knee Brace
- Financial Assistance
- Read Stories
- Watch Video