Timber’s TTA Surgery Timber is a 6 year old female shepard mix; she is my baby. In August 2006, Timber tore her left ACL and she underwent TPLO. She recovered beautifully from TPLO surgery. Nearly 4 years later, she developed an abscess over her TPLO scar. I took Tim to my local vet, and she […]
Archive | Owner ExperiencesRSS feed for this section
We’ve started the physical therapy. Weekly half hour swimming session have Beau moving his leg very well. The stairs are also going well, though we seem to have to do it twice a day for five minutes because once a day for ten minutes is just too boring for both dog and human. He absolutely […]
This week we have seen a big improvement in Beau’s ease in getting around. In fact, he thinks he’s superdog! He clearly isn’t feeling much pain, so we have eased off on the Tramadol, but continue to give him the Metacam and the Acepromozine for sedation. The most difficult part of the week is getting […]
One Week Post Op Overall, this has been a good week and not as terrible as I imagined. By the third day, he no longer dragged his toes and was actually putting some pressure on the leg. We applied a cold compress to ice his knee area four and five times a day, but are […]
Day After Surgery My husband and I modified our work schedules somewhat so that someone could be home with Beau at all times for the first week. Today was my turn. In the morning, I took the bandage off as instructed and was very happy to find that the vet technician had done a great […]
The Day and Night of Surgery I dropped Beau off at the vet’s at 7:30 am and went on to work, warning all my co-workers to expect a basket case in the office that day. By 8:30, I had a call from the vet’s office. I started panicking, but it turned out that they just […]
Preparations for Surgery To prevent further injury, we needed to keep Beau quiet. No running, no jumping and lots of rest. We were given Metacam for pain and Acepromozin as a sedative. It just about killed me to see my happy, active dog so sleepy – even though I knew it was for his own […]
Our Dog Beau Our dog Beau is a seven year old Golden Retriever and master of the household! He’s friendly, fun, energetic and spoiled! Unfortunately, we learned early in his first year that he also has hip dysplasia. Until now, this has not stopped him from having an active, doggy life. However, in late November […]
- Tovah’s Story: Complete ACL Tear Surgery June 4, 2021
- QLF Surgery: What Is It and Is It The Best Option For Your Dog’s Torn ACL? June 6, 2021
- Tedy’s Story: Conservative Management June 8, 2021
- Dog Limping After Knee Surgery April 19, 2021
- Dog ACL Surgery Cost in 2021 Dog: Find Out What The Cost Of Dog Knee Surgery Is Near You May 4, 2021
- Dog Knee Sprains vs. ACL Tear – How to Tell May 26, 2021
- How To Prevent Dog ACL Injuries May 29, 2021
- First Aid For Torn ACL In Dogs: What Can You Do In The First 24 Hours After Your Dog Has Torn Or Partially Torn Their ACL? November 3, 2021
- How To Prevent Knee Injury In Your Rescue Dog: You May Be Able To Help Prevent The Trauma Of Knee Injury October 9, 2021
- Surgery Financing For Dog Cruciate Ligament Repair September 23, 2021
- Partial Cruciate Ligament Tears In Dogs- Is Surgery Needed? September 19, 2021
- Can A Dog Walk With A Torn ACL? September 17, 2021
- Do Dog Braces Work For CCL Tears? August 13, 2021
- Dog Knee Surgery Success Rates: TPLO, Tightrope, TTA, and Traditional Extracapsular Repair Surgery August 10, 2021
- Jax Waters: Thank you so much for this article. I've been non...
- Tiffany: Hi. My dog had both of her cruciates repaired last...
- Nat: Hi, I know it's been a long while since you wrote...
- Nat: Would you mind sharing what route you ended up goi...
- Nat: Does anyone reading thus have experience with usin...
- Katie: Thank you for sharing your experience! Our dog had...
- Paula: For our 50lb red nose we did the laser therapy a c...
- Dog ACL Surgery
- Conservative Management
- Dog Knee Brace
- Financial Assistance
- Read Stories
- Watch Video