This week we have seen a big improvement in Beau’s ease in getting around. In fact, he thinks he’s superdog! He clearly isn’t feeling much pain, so we have eased off on the Tramadol, but continue to give him the Metacam and the Acepromozine for sedation. The most difficult part of the week is getting […]
Archive | Owner ExperiencesRSS feed for this section
One Week Post Op Overall, this has been a good week and not as terrible as I imagined. By the third day, he no longer dragged his toes and was actually putting some pressure on the leg. We applied a cold compress to ice his knee area four and five times a day, but are […]
Day After Surgery My husband and I modified our work schedules somewhat so that someone could be home with Beau at all times for the first week. Today was my turn. In the morning, I took the bandage off as instructed and was very happy to find that the vet technician had done a great […]
The Day and Night of Surgery I dropped Beau off at the vet’s at 7:30 am and went on to work, warning all my co-workers to expect a basket case in the office that day. By 8:30, I had a call from the vet’s office. I started panicking, but it turned out that they just […]
Preparations for Surgery To prevent further injury, we needed to keep Beau quiet. No running, no jumping and lots of rest. We were given Metacam for pain and Acepromozin as a sedative. It just about killed me to see my happy, active dog so sleepy – even though I knew it was for his own […]
Our Dog Beau Our dog Beau is a seven year old Golden Retriever and master of the household! He’s friendly, fun, energetic and spoiled! Unfortunately, we learned early in his first year that he also has hip dysplasia. Until now, this has not stopped him from having an active, doggy life. However, in late November […]
- Mishka – TPLO Surgery and Recovery May 28, 2018
- Callie – CCL, TTA Surgery with Complications August 9, 2018
- Nigel- TPLO -Broken Drill Bit & Other Complications August 24, 2018
- Conservative Management and Holistic Treatment – Muffin April 18, 2018
- Murphy – TPLO Surgery Complication June 27, 2018
- Can A Dog Live With A Torn ACL? February 14, 2019
- Chubi Shitzu/Pincher/Pug August 27, 2018
- Marley- Conservative Management May 7, 2019
- The Cost Of Dog ACL Surgery In 2019 April 2, 2019
- What To Expect After Dog ACL Surgery March 25, 2019
- How To Confine Your Dog After TPLO Surgery: March 15, 2019
- Benry – Band surgery March 15, 2019
- Bikini – Double Torn CCL Conservative Management March 8, 2019
- How To Prepare Your Home For Conservative Management March 1, 2019
- Chris: I am doing physical therapy the day after the spli...
- Janette: Did the vet say anything about waiting until he wa...
- Rebecca: My 4 yr old black lab has a partial knee tear. Th...
- Janette: Curious to see how he's now? I just came from th...
- Janette: Curious to see how Jackson is doing now? I just c...
- sami: I am sorry to hear about what happened to your cal...
- Diane: I have a 90 lb boxer with a torn acl, x-ray done a...
- Dog ACL Surgery
- Conservative Management
- Dog Knee Brace
- Financial Assistance
- Read Stories
- Watch Video