TTA Surgery Recovery – Week 1 Timber went in for TTA surgery on Tues March 9th, and the surgery went great. I picked her up on Wednesday, the staff said she a had a good night, she was so sweet, she was one of the quiet ones and she didn’t cry or bark. Her first […]
Archive | Owner ExperiencesRSS feed for this section
Timber’s TTA Surgery Timber is a 6 year old female shepard mix; she is my baby. In August 2006, Timber tore her left ACL and she underwent TPLO. She recovered beautifully from TPLO surgery. Nearly 4 years later, she developed an abscess over her TPLO scar. I took Tim to my local vet, and she […]
We’ve started the physical therapy. Weekly half hour swimming session have Beau moving his leg very well. The stairs are also going well, though we seem to have to do it twice a day for five minutes because once a day for ten minutes is just too boring for both dog and human. He absolutely […]
This week we have seen a big improvement in Beau’s ease in getting around. In fact, he thinks he’s superdog! He clearly isn’t feeling much pain, so we have eased off on the Tramadol, but continue to give him the Metacam and the Acepromozine for sedation. The most difficult part of the week is getting […]
One Week Post Op Overall, this has been a good week and not as terrible as I imagined. By the third day, he no longer dragged his toes and was actually putting some pressure on the leg. We applied a cold compress to ice his knee area four and five times a day, but are […]
Day After Surgery My husband and I modified our work schedules somewhat so that someone could be home with Beau at all times for the first week. Today was my turn. In the morning, I took the bandage off as instructed and was very happy to find that the vet technician had done a great […]
The Day and Night of Surgery I dropped Beau off at the vet’s at 7:30 am and went on to work, warning all my co-workers to expect a basket case in the office that day. By 8:30, I had a call from the vet’s office. I started panicking, but it turned out that they just […]
Preparations for Surgery To prevent further injury, we needed to keep Beau quiet. No running, no jumping and lots of rest. We were given Metacam for pain and Acepromozin as a sedative. It just about killed me to see my happy, active dog so sleepy – even though I knew it was for his own […]
Our Dog Beau Our dog Beau is a seven year old Golden Retriever and master of the household! He’s friendly, fun, energetic and spoiled! Unfortunately, we learned early in his first year that he also has hip dysplasia. Until now, this has not stopped him from having an active, doggy life. However, in late November […]
- Callie – CCL, TTA Surgery with Complications August 9, 2018
- Nigel- TPLO -Broken Drill Bit & Other Complications August 24, 2018
- Murphy – TPLO Surgery Complication June 27, 2018
- Benry – Band surgery March 15, 2019
- Can A Dog Live With A Torn ACL? February 14, 2019
- Chubi Shitzu/Pincher/Pug August 27, 2018
- Brewster – Ruptured CCL July 27, 2018
- Buddy – Double ACL Injuries June 14, 2019
- Dixie – Double Lateral Suture Stabilization June 10, 2019
- Olivia, Conservative Management (Recent Injury) June 8, 2019
- Marley- Conservative Management May 7, 2019
- The Cost Of Dog ACL Surgery In 2019 April 2, 2019
- What To Expect After Dog ACL Surgery March 25, 2019
- How To Confine Your Dog After TPLO Surgery: March 15, 2019
- Glynis Ritter: I too have a 9+ year old dog, that tore is cruciat...
- Dave: I would check out tiggerpoz.com which I used as my...
- Nancy Hess: I was researching for our 6yo rescue doberman and ...
- Sam: Yay, so happy for you and Bruzier!...
- Sam: Yes, this is happening to us right now. Also very ...
- Susan: Tried brace and all modalities but finally had su...
- Kristi: hi Just reading through this and wondered what you...
- Dog ACL Surgery
- Conservative Management
- Dog Knee Brace
- Financial Assistance
- Read Stories
- Watch Video