My 9-year-old 64 lb Kaylie became critically ill in June 2015 and was diagnosed with canine systemic lupus (which acts very much like human lupus) but luckily I found a wonderful internal medicine vet who is very knowledgable in this area. Through immunosuppressive drugs–Prednisone and Imuran among them–she has been in remission since mid-summer 2015, […]
Archive | Dog Knee BraceRSS feed for this section
My dog has been favoring a back leg for months, but not been lame. He was playing, landed on my other dog, and yelped. At the time I thought it could have been a muscle strain, so I kept him on the lead for two weeks but to be fair he wasn’t lame! I took […]
All I can say is I should had seen the red flag when they said ‘No Returns or Money Back’! The A-Trac Dynamic Brace did more harm then good. Our Black Lab was in so much more pain and stressed with the brace on. When our dog would sit or lie down the brace would […]
Pookie is an 11 year old, 98 pound dog. He tore his Cruciate ligament in his left knee. The vet said right away he needed surgery and only surgery. Since he is 11 years old I did not feel that was a great option. We came home and did some research on different braces. I […]
About a month ago my dog Zep began mildly limping. I took him to my vet. and he prescribed an anti-inflammatory and rest. Zep seemed to improve and then all of a sudden he wouldn’t put his right leg down for anything and had a horrible time getting around and going outside. [ad#medsquareright250]I started to […]
Here’s my story: Luscus, 18 month old Cane Corso, 125lbs Level 2 tear right rear CCL Occurred at beach when he slipped on a wet rock as 2 dogs jumped on his back (playing) After drawer test doctor recommended tplo surgery Reasons Conservative Management was selected: To cut the bone of a dog still growing […]
[ad#medsquareright250] Hudson, a Lab mix, came into my life in April 2002 as a rescue from a local shelter. He was discovered abandoned at a car wash and he has never been alone again. Hudson is just a dude who loves his Daddy and Mommy and we adore him. I would sell all my possessions […]
[ad#buttonleft125] I just wanted to add China’s story…she’s another APBT with bad knees. Three years ago she injured her left ACL and I didn’t have the funds or heart to deal with surgery. I opted for the A-trac brace and had great success. She never chewed it or complained about it…there were a few times […]
Help! My dog is limping – Could it be a torn ligament? This guide is a good starting place for anyone looking for more information on dog knee problems, specifically cruciate ligament injury in dogs. This article will give an overview of dog knee injuries covering everything from symptoms to recovery. What is a Cruciate […]
I used the ATrac canine stifle brace on my 8 yr old husky mix and it worked great! The initial fitting was a bit challenging, but after that the brace was easily put on and taken off. He adapted to the knee brace immediately. My only recommendation would be to shave your dog, especially in […]
- Surgery vs. Alternative Treatment – Dhani Doberman January 12, 2016
- New Emerging Treatment: Simitri Stable in Stride April 18, 2016
- Conservative Management Success – Annabelle March 21, 2016
- Surgery vs. Conservative Management – Sophie April 26, 2016
- Conservative Management vs. Surgery – Bella November 9, 2016
- Undecided Treatment – Roxy February 25, 2016
- Traditional Tightrope – Shelbie January 8, 2016
- Conservative Management Success – Finn the Chocolate Lab January 11, 2017
- Conservative Management Experience with an Active Dog – Diesel January 10, 2017
- Molly the Golden Retriever – CCL Injury with TPLO Surgery January 4, 2017
- Veterinary Prolotherapy December 20, 2016
- Conservative Management – Lucy the Corgi November 30, 2016
- Cost of CCL Surgery for Dogs November 28, 2016
- Conservative Management – Juni November 25, 2016
- Dr. Neil Embleton: Hi Pam, I've sent an email to a surgeon in LV. I...
- Supplementation for Fur Babies – The Adventures of Mister Wilson: […] Great Site for what to expect! […]...
- Mandy: Hi Cheryl, thanks for the message. The brace is ...
- Pam Heiney: Hello Dr. Embleton. We have a 6.5 YO flat-coat...
- ANDREA JONES WEBBER: Hi Dianne I know this is an old post but found ...
- Cheryl Stitzer: Hi Mandy, I asked the same question. If you scro...
- Lucy: Thank you Shaun, I am very impressed by this brace...
- Dog ACL Surgery
- Conservative Management
- Dog Knee Brace
- Financial Assistance
- Read Stories
- Watch Video