Before bringing your dog home from CCL repair surgery, you will want to make sure everything is set before their arrival. If you have already been practicing CM (conservative management) prior to surgery, odds are your home is already adequately prepared for the return of your canine patient, but it is always better to be […]
Each veterinarian seems to have their own theories regarding how soon physical therapy should be started after ccl surgery and what techniques work best. Other veterinary surgeons will write off physical therapy all together, preferring for the dog to remain quiet for the first 6-8 weeks after the repair, gradually returning to exercise. While it […]
Whether your dog has undergone a TTA, TPLO, Tightrope, or traditional extracapsular imbrication repair, the steps following surgery are generally the same. Whether your dog stays the night at the vet’s after surgery, or head home with you the day of the procedure, the first few days following the CCL repair should be dedicated to […]
One of the benefits of the newest of the cranial cruciate repair surgeries, the TTA, is the length of time required before your dog can return to exercise and a life without restrictions. Because the ostoeotomy (cutting of the bone) in the tibial tuberosity advancement procedure is done in a non weight bearing area of […]
Your dog will be in a lot of discomfort upon their arrival home from surgery. This is especially true if their extracapsular repair was an out patient procedure, and they were released back into your care the same day of the surgery. It is important to follow all the instructions your veterinarian has provided for […]
While it may carry an increased risk of complications, the recovery from TPLO surgery is often more rapid and complete. About half of all dogs undergoing the tibial plateau leveling osteotomy procedure will be able to walk on the injured limb within 24 hours of post operative recovery. Within 5 days post-op, most dogs will […]
- Callie – CCL, TTA Surgery with Complications August 9, 2018
- Nigel- TPLO -Broken Drill Bit & Other Complications August 24, 2018
- Benry – Band surgery March 15, 2019
- Can A Dog Live With A Torn ACL? February 14, 2019
- Chubi Shitzu/Pincher/Pug August 27, 2018
- Brewster – Ruptured CCL July 27, 2018
- How To Prepare Your Home For Conservative Management March 1, 2019
- Marley – Double TPLO Surgery *Update* July 22, 2019
- Buddy – Double ACL Injuries June 14, 2019
- Dixie – Double Lateral Suture Stabilization June 10, 2019
- Olivia, Conservative Management (Recent Injury) June 8, 2019
- Marley- Conservative Management May 7, 2019
- The Cost Of Dog ACL Surgery In 2019 April 2, 2019
- What To Expect After Dog ACL Surgery March 25, 2019
- Samantha: I'm 6 months out from TPLO and now have a clickin...
- Trisha: Wow, what a struggle for you and your dog. Thank ...
- Diane hawkins: Awaiting your response in regards to luxating pate...
- Di hawkins: Where do I get knee brace from. All kinds of info-...
- Joyce Sparks: Just wanted to share Leo's story. We knew somethi...
- Susan: I am very interested in reading all the posts abou...
- Marley - Double TPLO Surgery *Update* | Dog Knee Injury: […] wrote an article here a few months ago o...
- Dog ACL Surgery
- Conservative Management
- Dog Knee Brace
- Financial Assistance
- Read Stories
- Watch Video