Jasmine’s Bilateral ACL Injury By Jana Rade When Jasmine started limping in the summer of 2008 we didn’t think too much of it. It wasn’t the first time it happened and it wasn’t the worst either. Jasmine had injured her hind legs three times before and, each time, after an exam and x-rays, we were […]
Archive | Owner ExperiencesRSS feed for this section
Our 3 1/2 year old yellow lab has had hind lameness after exercise for several months now. We tried rest and anti inflammatory meds for 3 weeks with no results, so finally had her examined and x-rayed. She was diagnosed with a torn CCL, with some arthritis in her affected knee. It was a very […]
Have a question related to TPLO surgery, or want a recommendation for a veterinarian performing the Tightrope procedure in your area? Want to know what the best dog knee brace available is? Don’t be shy… Post on our NEW Dog Knee Injury Forum! In response to the high volume of comments a lot of the […]
The following was submitted by an owner whose dog had a failed Tightrope CCL repair procedure: Our ten year old Husky, about 75 lbs. went lame in her back leg after repeatedly climbing our new chain-link fence and chasing neighborhood cats. Our vet recommended the new tightrope surgery to repair her torn CCL as less […]
Emma Lynn is my is a 4.5 year old Pit. She is about 45 pounds and very active. A year ago last Christmas she stopped using her right rear leg. We took her to the vet where she was sedated and tested positive for the drawer sign. (A positive drawer sign test is an indication […]
2 Week Update Ben is doing extremely well at 2 weeks. Day 2 Ben is feeling much better. On our walk, he actually lifted his good leg and stood on his leg with the surgery to go pee. Never thought I would be excited watching a dog pee, but that was amazing.. Days 3-4 Ben […]
About 2-3 weeks ago I noticed my 9 yr old golden retriever, Beau wasn’t using his left hind leg. He wouldn’t move and stopped eating(which is weird because he is very food motivated). At first i thought it was his hip dyplasia acting up, but those episodes normally only last for a few days. As […]
Injury Date: 12/2008 Ben’s Story: Ben is a 4 year old Standard Schnauzer. We believe he suffered a partial tear in his Left CCL in December 2008. We didn’t give CM (Conservative Management) a chance until about July 2009, when he was diagnosed with a CCL tear. Prior to that, it only appeared to be […]
Injury Date: 04/14/10 Potato’s Story: Potato tore her knee muscle in winter. I had insurance, but because she was limping prior to a minor sprain, they didn’t cover it. I couldn’t stand seeing her limping around anymore so i paid the $3000 for the kind of surgery where they cut the bone so the leg […]
A reader of Dog Knee Injury has graciously offered to share her dog Fargo’s story and share their experiences with Conservative Management. When Fargo’s owner first contacted me in February, 2010 she wrote: “Our 11-year old yellow lab, Fargo, tore his ACL on February 4, 2010. I called the vet and he asked, “Did he […]
- Callie – CCL, TTA Surgery with Complications August 9, 2018
- Nigel- TPLO -Broken Drill Bit & Other Complications August 24, 2018
- Benry – Band surgery March 15, 2019
- Can A Dog Live With A Torn ACL? February 14, 2019
- Chubi Shitzu/Pincher/Pug August 27, 2018
- Brewster – Ruptured CCL July 27, 2018
- How To Prepare Your Home For Conservative Management March 1, 2019
- Marley – Double TPLO Surgery *Update* July 22, 2019
- Buddy – Double ACL Injuries June 14, 2019
- Dixie – Double Lateral Suture Stabilization June 10, 2019
- Olivia, Conservative Management (Recent Injury) June 8, 2019
- Marley- Conservative Management May 7, 2019
- The Cost Of Dog ACL Surgery In 2019 April 2, 2019
- What To Expect After Dog ACL Surgery March 25, 2019
- Samantha: I'm 6 months out from TPLO and now have a clickin...
- Trisha: Wow, what a struggle for you and your dog. Thank ...
- Diane hawkins: Awaiting your response in regards to luxating pate...
- Di hawkins: Where do I get knee brace from. All kinds of info-...
- Joyce Sparks: Just wanted to share Leo's story. We knew somethi...
- Susan: I am very interested in reading all the posts abou...
- Marley - Double TPLO Surgery *Update* | Dog Knee Injury: […] wrote an article here a few months ago o...
- Dog ACL Surgery
- Conservative Management
- Dog Knee Brace
- Financial Assistance
- Read Stories
- Watch Video