Neva’s story – Tightrope and OrthoPet Brace Neva is a 5-year old pointer mix. She lives to run, jump and play. During weekend runs at our open space dog park she puts in 10+ miles chasing rabbits to my measly four. She’s never had a health problem since the day I picked her up from […]
Archive | Dog Knee SurgeryRSS feed for this section
[ad#medsquareright250] At over 8 months post op, I can safely say that the surgery was a success and worth the cost and trouble. Beau (a Golden Retriever) plays as much as any healthy dog and we have had; he is completely healed. We have learned many things from this experience, and the highlights are: 1. […]
TPLO Recovery – Taylor, July 2010 Well I am happy to report that Taylor is doing great and is now 5 weeks post surgery. It has been a long 5 weeks. At approximately 1 week after surgery Taylor was no longer limping and was ready to go! It has been difficult to keep her at […]
Hello All, My 90 lb American Bulldog/Pitt mix had the Tightrope Procedure 3 days ago. He is 8 years old, and besides the knee injury, is in excellent health. We think he injured the knee exiting the pool several months before. We noticed a limp right after he jumped out (in-ground pool). It seemed to […]
Jake had traditional repair 7/28/10. This was Jake’s second surgery, as he had TTA (Tibial Tuberosity Advancement) in February of 2009. Prior to both surgeries we tried conservative management, but needed surgery both times. Traditional Repair – Post Op We are currently Day 4 after the Traditional Repair, and it has been remarkably smooth. Jake […]
Jasmine’s Bilateral ACL Injury By Jana Rade When Jasmine started limping in the summer of 2008 we didn’t think too much of it. It wasn’t the first time it happened and it wasn’t the worst either. Jasmine had injured her hind legs three times before and, each time, after an exam and x-rays, we were […]
Our 3 1/2 year old yellow lab has had hind lameness after exercise for several months now. We tried rest and anti inflammatory meds for 3 weeks with no results, so finally had her examined and x-rayed. She was diagnosed with a torn CCL, with some arthritis in her affected knee. It was a very […]
The following was submitted by an owner whose dog had a failed Tightrope CCL repair procedure: Our ten year old Husky, about 75 lbs. went lame in her back leg after repeatedly climbing our new chain-link fence and chasing neighborhood cats. Our vet recommended the new tightrope surgery to repair her torn CCL as less […]
2 Week Update Ben is doing extremely well at 2 weeks. Day 2 Ben is feeling much better. On our walk, he actually lifted his good leg and stood on his leg with the surgery to go pee. Never thought I would be excited watching a dog pee, but that was amazing.. Days 3-4 Ben […]
Injury Date: 12/2008 Ben’s Story: Ben is a 4 year old Standard Schnauzer. We believe he suffered a partial tear in his Left CCL in December 2008. We didn’t give CM (Conservative Management) a chance until about July 2009, when he was diagnosed with a CCL tear. Prior to that, it only appeared to be […]
- Callie – CCL, TTA Surgery with Complications August 9, 2018
- Nigel- TPLO -Broken Drill Bit & Other Complications August 24, 2018
- Benry – Band surgery March 15, 2019
- Can A Dog Live With A Torn ACL? February 14, 2019
- Chubi Shitzu/Pincher/Pug August 27, 2018
- Brewster – Ruptured CCL July 27, 2018
- How To Prepare Your Home For Conservative Management March 1, 2019
- Marley – Double TPLO Surgery *Update* July 22, 2019
- Buddy – Double ACL Injuries June 14, 2019
- Dixie – Double Lateral Suture Stabilization June 10, 2019
- Olivia, Conservative Management (Recent Injury) June 8, 2019
- Marley- Conservative Management May 7, 2019
- The Cost Of Dog ACL Surgery In 2019 April 2, 2019
- What To Expect After Dog ACL Surgery March 25, 2019
- Samantha: I'm 6 months out from TPLO and now have a clickin...
- Trisha: Wow, what a struggle for you and your dog. Thank ...
- Diane hawkins: Awaiting your response in regards to luxating pate...
- Di hawkins: Where do I get knee brace from. All kinds of info-...
- Joyce Sparks: Just wanted to share Leo's story. We knew somethi...
- Susan: I am very interested in reading all the posts abou...
- Marley - Double TPLO Surgery *Update* | Dog Knee Injury: […] wrote an article here a few months ago o...
- Dog ACL Surgery
- Conservative Management
- Dog Knee Brace
- Financial Assistance
- Read Stories
- Watch Video