Our furry children come into our lives sometimes as puppies, but also as grown abandoned dogs in need of a home and love. With hind knee injuries being the most common among canines, there is a lot that can be done if we have our dogs since puppyhood to prevent the tearing of the […]
How To Prevent Knee Injury In Your Rescue Dog: You May Be Able To Help Prevent The Trauma Of Knee Injury
The cost of pet ownership comes with a high price tag, a price many Americans are willing to pay with over 63 million dog owners in the US alone. Americans spend $1 billion on pet insurance each year, and while this can be a great option for many dog owner’s, it is not the only […]
The pet industry is a multi billion dollar a year venture, and this includes veterinarian care. Naturally, there are situations when surgery is the only option, but like any profit driven business, a clinic makes more money if more dogs are undergoing extensive surgery. So, does your dog really need surgery with a partial cruciate […]
The degree of ‘lameness’ that a dog experiences after a torn ACL really depends on the extent of the tear. Minor sprains and tears will leave the dog with a mild limp, while complete ruptures may completely prevent basic mobility for your dog. In most cases dogs can walk with a torn ACL. This walk […]
The most common joint injury in dogs is partial or complete tear of the stifle (aka the hind knee). So common is this injury, that the National Institute of Health has produced an increasing number of peer reviewed journals on the matter that explore a wide variety of topics from which surgery choices are most […]
Before investing in knee surgery for your dog, it would be wise to look at the statistical information surrounding the success rates of each specific type of surgery. Hind knee tears in dogs is the leading cause of lameness and pain for domesticated canines, and according to NIH, there is no absolute gold standard to […]
The size of the dog who has injured their ACL is relevant in both the success of the surgery and overall recovery. When it comes to tearing cranial cruciate ligament, smaller dogs are at an absolute advantage over their larger counterparts in all areas. Studies suggest that not only is surgery more successful in smaller […]
Invasive and expensive surgery options for torn CCLs in dogs may not be available or appealing to many dog owners. Luckily there are both older and emerging alternatives to surgery that are available to this demographic. If you are looking for alternative care for your dog’s torn ACL, then it will not take long to […]
Tears and strains to the cruciate ligament in a dog (the human ACL), is the most common injury among canines, but how can you tell if your dog needs surgery for this, or if it is an injury that will heal on its own? As is true with so many things in life, this all […]
Dog knee surgery is both a financial investment as well as a time and energy commitment. With so much on the line for both dog and owner the hope is that surgery is successful. Statistically, the odds are in favor of those who commit to dog knee surgery with a reported success rate of 85%-95% […]
- Tovah’s Story: Complete ACL Tear Surgery June 4, 2021
- QLF Surgery: What Is It and Is It The Best Option For Your Dog’s Torn ACL? June 6, 2021
- Tedy’s Story: Conservative Management June 8, 2021
- Dog Limping After Knee Surgery April 19, 2021
- Dog ACL Surgery Cost in 2021 Dog: Find Out What The Cost Of Dog Knee Surgery Is Near You May 4, 2021
- Dog Knee Sprains vs. ACL Tear – How to Tell May 26, 2021
- How To Prevent Dog ACL Injuries May 29, 2021
- How To Prevent Knee Injury In Your Rescue Dog: You May Be Able To Help Prevent The Trauma Of Knee Injury October 9, 2021
- Surgery Financing For Dog Cruciate Ligament Repair September 23, 2021
- Partial Cruciate Ligament Tears In Dogs- Is Surgery Needed? September 19, 2021
- Can A Dog Walk With A Torn ACL? September 17, 2021
- Do Dog Braces Work For CCL Tears? August 13, 2021
- Dog Knee Surgery Success Rates: TPLO, Tightrope, TTA, and Traditional Extracapsular Repair Surgery August 10, 2021
- Does A Dog’s Size Impact Surgery Success For Cruciate Ligament Repair? August 6, 2021
- Nat: Hi, I know it's been a long while since you wrote...
- Nat: Would you mind sharing what route you ended up goi...
- Nat: Does anyone reading thus have experience with usin...
- Katie: Thank you for sharing your experience! Our dog had...
- Paula: For our 50lb red nose we did the laser therapy a c...
- Nat: Thanks for responding. My dog is 65lbs so I'm ho...
- Paula: My vet said surgery was an option but not necessar...
- Dog ACL Surgery
- Conservative Management
- Dog Knee Brace
- Financial Assistance
- Read Stories
- Watch Video