[ad#buttonright125] Prices for veterinary surgery vary greatly depending on where you are located no matter whether you choose TTA, TPLO, TR, or a lateral suture method. The prices can also fluctuate due to the availability of a certain procedure, number of surgeons performing the surgery, and the size of your dog. A number of veterinary […]
[ad#leaderboard] [ad#squarelinks200] The newest surgical technique to repair torn cranial cruciate ligaments in dogs is the tightrope procedure. Tightrope CCL is an extracapsular technique which uses lateral suture stabilization in conjunction with a virtually indestructible material called FiberTape for knee joint stabilization. The Fiber Tape is placed in the dog’s knee through a few small […]
[ad#leaderboard] How is Tightrope CCL Different from Extracapsular Imbrication or Traditional Repair? [ad#medsquareleft250] The major difference between extracapsular imbrication/traditional repair methods and tightrope ccl is the way in which the knee joint is stabilized. In a traditional CCL repair, a leader line (suture, or you can also think of this as a fishing line) is […]
The Tightrope CCL repair surgery is the newest surgical option available for dogs with cranial cruciate ligament injury. Unlike in humans, canine CCL tears and damage generally takes place over a period of months or years, rather than being associated with a single traumatic event. Because of the nature of these injuries, and their degenerative […]
For dogs diagnosed with cranial cruciate ligament tears or ruptures there are a number of non-surgical and surgical options available. Each dog is different, and your veterinarian will take into consideration your canine’s weight, size, overall health, severity of injury and the duration since onset when determining what treatment is best for your pet. Non-surgical […]
- Surgery vs. Alternative Treatment – Dhani Doberman January 12, 2016
- New Emerging Treatment: Simitri Stable in Stride April 18, 2016
- Conservative Management Success – Annabelle March 21, 2016
- Surgery vs. Conservative Management – Sophie April 26, 2016
- Conservative Management vs. Surgery – Bella November 9, 2016
- Undecided Treatment – Roxy February 25, 2016
- Traditional Tightrope – Shelbie January 8, 2016
- Conservative Management Success – Finn the Chocolate Lab January 11, 2017
- Conservative Management Experience with an Active Dog – Diesel January 10, 2017
- Molly the Golden Retriever – CCL Injury with TPLO Surgery January 4, 2017
- Veterinary Prolotherapy December 20, 2016
- Conservative Management – Lucy the Corgi November 30, 2016
- Cost of CCL Surgery for Dogs November 28, 2016
- Conservative Management – Juni November 25, 2016
- Dr. Neil Embleton: Hi Pam, I've sent an email to a surgeon in LV. I...
- Supplementation for Fur Babies – The Adventures of Mister Wilson: […] Great Site for what to expect! […]...
- Mandy: Hi Cheryl, thanks for the message. The brace is ...
- Pam Heiney: Hello Dr. Embleton. We have a 6.5 YO flat-coat...
- ANDREA JONES WEBBER: Hi Dianne I know this is an old post but found ...
- Cheryl Stitzer: Hi Mandy, I asked the same question. If you scro...
- Lucy: Thank you Shaun, I am very impressed by this brace...
- Dog ACL Surgery
- Conservative Management
- Dog Knee Brace
- Financial Assistance
- Read Stories
- Watch Video