Prices for veterinary surgery vary greatly depending on where you are located no matter whether you choose TTA, TPLO, TR, or a lateral suture method. The prices can also fluctuate due to the availability of a certain procedure, number of surgeons performing the surgery, and the size of your dog. A number of veterinary practices […]
The newest surgical technique to repair torn cranial cruciate ligaments in dogs is the tightrope procedure. Tightrope CCL is an extracapsular technique which uses lateral suture stabilization in conjunction with a virtually indestructible material called FiberTape for knee joint stabilization. The Fiber Tape is placed in the dog’s knee through a few small incisions, mostly […]
How is Tightrope CCL Different from Extracapsular Imbrication or Traditional Repair? The major difference between extracapsular imbrication/traditional repair methods and tightrope ccl is the way in which the knee joint is stabilized. In a traditional CCL repair, a leader line (suture, or you can also think of this as a fishing line) is woven across […]
The Tightrope CCL repair surgery is the newest surgical option available for dogs with cranial cruciate ligament injury. Unlike in humans, canine CCL tears and damage generally takes place over a period of months or years, rather than being associated with a single traumatic event. Because of the nature of these injuries, and their degenerative […]
For dogs diagnosed with cranial cruciate ligament tears or ruptures there are a number of non-surgical and surgical options available. Each dog is different, and your veterinarian will take into consideration your canine’s weight, size, overall health, severity of injury and the duration since onset when determining what treatment is best for your pet. Non-surgical […]
Products with Money Back Guarantee
- Conservative Management and TPLO Surgery – Benito January 29, 2013
- American Bulldog with 2 TPLOs on the Same Leg – Lucy June 11, 2013
- Dog Knee Braces for Large Dogs – Pookie December 12, 2012
- Conservative Management for Small, Older Dogs – Kismet December 5, 2012
- Conservative Management for ACL – Madam Bijou June 21, 2013
- MRSA Following TPLO Surgery – Dax December 2, 2012
- Traditional Repair Recovery Complications – Mousky December 26, 2012
- TPLO or Lateral Suture (Extracapsular Repair) – Dandelion Marie November 19, 2013
- LSS Surgery vs. Conservative Management for Small Dogs – Max November 1, 2013
- Double TPLO Recovery – Limping/Lameness – Loki November 1, 2013
- TTO and MMP Surgery for Dogs – Heidi October 31, 2013
- Extracapsular Surgery for Dogs – Santos October 16, 2013
- Moby – Conservative Management October 9, 2013
- C.T. Brady – Ruptured CCL October 7, 2013
- Nina: Get a second opinion and conduct your own research...
- Nancy: In case you end up going the TPLO path at some poi...
- WestieBunny: Thanks for the informative post. My dog, a 6 y/o w...
- Judy: My girl Angel just had the 'traditional' done in...
- Nancy: My dog actually had the extracapsular repair first...
- Tara: My yellow lab, Pearl, has had a TPLO and an extrac...
- Andrea: I debated over the exact same thing, and ended up ...
- Dog ACL Surgery
- Conservative Management
- Dog Knee Brace
- Financial Assistance
- Read Stories
- Watch Video