Molly is a 6 year old Golden Retriever. Today marks 8 days post-op, and Molly is doing well. She had surgery 2 days following the CCL tear. It was helpful that she had surgery on the day we left for Christmas vacation (we felt very guilty) because Molly had access to the Animal Hospital’s professional […]
Archive | Surgical ProceduresRSS feed for this section
For many people who face the possibility of surgery for their dog, a common concern is the price. And it can be expensive, but sometimes it’s the only option. This post is to help give you an idea of the total cost of dog knee injury-related procedures, including the surgery itself, post-op care, any extra […]
Initially we tried conservative management with my pit/shepherd mix Blu because I did not want to put him through surgery. We had some success with that for about a year until I got another dog and he reinjured it rough housing. We tried CM again but this time he wasn’t improving so we made the […]
Blue is a 2-year-old pit bull who stole my heart the day I laid eyes on her. She was 8 weeks when we got her. She began to have problems with her hind right leg and when we took her for x-rays, they discovered the torn ACL. She was barely a year old. We were […]
An exciting new surgical option has been developed for treatment of canine cruciate injuries. It is called Simitri Stable in Stride®, invented by Dr. Neil Embleton and Dr. Veronica Barkowski in Alberta, Canada. Dr. Embleton has almost 30 years of experience in treating canine cruciate injuries and has performed at least six thousand repairs, conservatively. He is certified in […]
I am writing to share Maggie’s story because when I found out about her injury I scoured the internet for stories relating to cruciate injuries and this website was my saving grace! We adopted Maggie at 8 weeks old as a rescue pup from New Mexico. We are avid hikers so Maggie was always hiking […]
Hey there! It is with great pleasure that I share Periwinkle’s success with her “traditional” knee repair surgery. Winksy is a 6-ish year old pit bull terrier or mix. I am sharing this story 3 years after Winksy’s surgery because I wanted to give the repair time to succeed or fail, so to speak. My […]
Simba got his surgery done at a vet that specializes in knee surgery so we decided to do his TTA surgery there. Simba stayed over night at the hospital and came home with us yesterday. He is not eating his food (Simba is on a raw food diet) but ate a small amount of tuna with […]
No idea how Meggie, age 8, partially ruptured her cruciate ligament! Nevertheless, she did and our wonderful vet said she needed a specialist vet to do the surgery on June 24, 2015. We had some insurance and this covered her operation at West Midlands Referrals in Lichfield. She went in at 9am and was collected […]
Four weeks ago my 6-year-old Greater Swiss Mountain Betty, who is very active and very healthy, tore her cruciate ligament and began limping. We love our dog very much and of course took her to a vet who did x-rays and an exam and recommended a surgical hospital that had board certified surgeons who taught […]
- Surgery vs. Alternative Treatment – Dhani Doberman January 12, 2016
- New Emerging Treatment: Simitri Stable in Stride April 18, 2016
- Conservative Management Success – Annabelle March 21, 2016
- Surgery vs. Conservative Management – Sophie April 26, 2016
- Conservative Management vs. Surgery – Bella November 9, 2016
- Undecided Treatment – Roxy February 25, 2016
- Traditional Tightrope – Shelbie January 8, 2016
- Conservative Management Success – Finn the Chocolate Lab January 11, 2017
- Conservative Management Experience with an Active Dog – Diesel January 10, 2017
- Molly the Golden Retriever – CCL Injury with TPLO Surgery January 4, 2017
- Veterinary Prolotherapy December 20, 2016
- Conservative Management – Lucy the Corgi November 30, 2016
- Cost of CCL Surgery for Dogs November 28, 2016
- Conservative Management – Juni November 25, 2016
- Dr. Neil Embleton: Hi Pam, I've sent an email to a surgeon in LV. I...
- Supplementation for Fur Babies – The Adventures of Mister Wilson: […] Great Site for what to expect! […]...
- Mandy: Hi Cheryl, thanks for the message. The brace is ...
- Pam Heiney: Hello Dr. Embleton. We have a 6.5 YO flat-coat...
- ANDREA JONES WEBBER: Hi Dianne I know this is an old post but found ...
- Cheryl Stitzer: Hi Mandy, I asked the same question. If you scro...
- Lucy: Thank you Shaun, I am very impressed by this brace...
- Dog ACL Surgery
- Conservative Management
- Dog Knee Brace
- Financial Assistance
- Read Stories
- Watch Video