The Cruciate Injury In May of 2013, Dandelion started limping and showing signs of discomfort. I knew instantly what it was since I had another dog (Duffus) to do the same thing back in 2002. Duffus had the ACL surgery which is what they call Traditional surgery now. I didn’t want Dande to have surgery […]
Archive | Surgical ProceduresRSS feed for this section
Our now 12 year old Brittany, Loki, has had both knees fixed with TPLO surgery. His first surgery was 18 months ago and the second about 1 year ago. Recovery went well in both cases, though he managed to break his fibula both times. In both cases, though, the fibula healed without any troubles. After […]
Heidi had her first CCL repair surgery (TTO) in December 2011 and her second (MMP) about 6 months later. Everything went well following both surgeries and we were problem free for about a year. Then Heidi developed a suspicious knot on her knee that worsened with exercise. It developed into an abscess and ultimately it […]
Santos is a rescued/adopted 7 year old Greyhound and Dalmatian mix with diabetes diagnosed one year ago. Santos had a full tear with no meniscus damage. I attempted CM (Conservative Management) for 1.5 months with him getting worse. I decided to get the knee surgically repaired. Because of his diabetes, I brought him home the […]
C.T. Brady is a Brittany who will be 13 on Christmas 2013. He was born with a crooked spine (his short tail is canted severely to the left; the C.T. is for “Crook Tail”) and he has very straight stifles (or rear knees) in his hind end. He’s always had a funky gait and the […]
I am very concerned after our visit to the Vet last night. Kona our 72 lb. Lab is needing surgery on BOTH back legs! She was running around a few days ago with the neighbor kids and came back in limping. One knee is completely ruptured and the other torn. Our Vet warned us that […]
Phoebe is our 1 1/2 year old pit bull. She was dumped with 9 other brothers and sisters at our rescue, Tyson’s Chance Animal Foundation. Phoebe is your typical dog. She loves long walks, running with her friends, treats, car rides, new faces to kiss, and oh, did we mention treats? Soon after we moved […]
Hey everyone, posting this because I could not find any stories with this particular complication on the web. I have an 8? year old rescued lab/pitt/dane? neutered male who weighs about 80 lbs. Initially presented with intermittent lameness on both sides (alternating) which finally made its source abundantly clear when he came in from playing […]
Lucy was diagnosed with a Cruciate tear, in both knees. One, more painful than the other. So, I contacted a local vet who had an Ortho vet that comes in and does the surgery….all sounded perfect as we both work and this would be a local office instead of having to travel. (Costs $3400.00) So, […]
Let me introduce you to my baby Dakota. She is a 70lb Rotti mix with elbow dysplasia in both front legs and she had a fully torn CCL in her back right leg. Needless to say, she only had one good leg left. Because of this, we decided to have surgery. I met with a […]
Products with Money Back Guarantee
- Conservative Management and TPLO Surgery – Benito January 29, 2013
- American Bulldog with 2 TPLOs on the Same Leg – Lucy June 11, 2013
- Dog Knee Braces for Large Dogs – Pookie December 12, 2012
- Conservative Management for Small, Older Dogs – Kismet December 5, 2012
- Conservative Management for ACL – Madam Bijou June 21, 2013
- MRSA Following TPLO Surgery – Dax December 2, 2012
- Traditional Repair Recovery Complications – Mousky December 26, 2012
- TPLO or Lateral Suture (Extracapsular Repair) – Dandelion Marie November 19, 2013
- LSS Surgery vs. Conservative Management for Small Dogs – Max November 1, 2013
- Double TPLO Recovery – Limping/Lameness – Loki November 1, 2013
- TTO and MMP Surgery for Dogs – Heidi October 31, 2013
- Extracapsular Surgery for Dogs – Santos October 16, 2013
- Moby – Conservative Management October 9, 2013
- C.T. Brady – Ruptured CCL October 7, 2013
- Nina: Get a second opinion and conduct your own research...
- Nancy: In case you end up going the TPLO path at some poi...
- WestieBunny: Thanks for the informative post. My dog, a 6 y/o w...
- Judy: My girl Angel just had the 'traditional' done in...
- Nancy: My dog actually had the extracapsular repair first...
- Tara: My yellow lab, Pearl, has had a TPLO and an extrac...
- Andrea: I debated over the exact same thing, and ended up ...
- Dog ACL Surgery
- Conservative Management
- Dog Knee Brace
- Financial Assistance
- Read Stories
- Watch Video