Nadine’s (11-year-old Aussie/Border Collie, 48 lbs) rehab began about 10 weeks ago. She came back from running after something in the dark non-weight bearing on her left hind leg. My vet and I both prayed for a break, anything but an ACL injury. Yes, I get two stars as Nadine is considered to be in […]
Archive | Non-Surgical OptionsRSS feed for this section
My name is Karin from N.Y. I have a 6-year-old puggle Razin with two ruptured ACLs! She likes to chase rabbits in my backyard. I was devastated to find out she was injured so badly. I am very hesitant to make the appointment for bilateral surgery. She started to walk again without a limp shortly […]
Among the many alternative therapies for a CCL injury is one you may or may not have heard of: prolotherapy. Prolotherapy (“prolo” is short for proliferation) is an injection technique used to stimulate the growth of healthy connective tissue to help strengthen torn or weakened ligaments and tendons and eliminate chronic pain. Prolotherapy has been used successfully on […]
We have a wonderful Corgi named Lucy who will be turning 2 years old the first week of December. We picked her up from a breeder with a good history. She is pretty active at home with her step-brother Corgi Charlie, but at the dog park she doesn’t like to play; shes an explorer. At […]
Our 8-year-old Goldendoodle Lucy was at our dog boarder while we were on vacation and we received an email that she had injured herself running while off leash. We picked her up a few days later and realized it was much worse than what they had described; she was trying to walk on 3 legs, […]
MacDuff is an almost 15-year-old terrier mix who weighs 21 lbs and is very healthy but 2 weeks ago he injured his back right knee and we’ve been told he needs a unilateral TPLO for $5,000 with an estimated 8 weeks of recovery. I initially said yes but then started wondering if that would be […]
Three months ago in February, my Scottie Terrier, Sophie, tore her CCL. She is 22.5 lbs and 7 years old. She had x-rays and saw two different vets, one being an orthopedic who recommend the band surgery. He manipulated it and said it was completely torn (not sure if he can really tell?) Anyway, I […]
My 9-year-old 64 lb Kaylie became critically ill in June 2015 and was diagnosed with canine systemic lupus (which acts very much like human lupus) but luckily I found a wonderful internal medicine vet who is very knowledgable in this area. Through immunosuppressive drugs–Prednisone and Imuran among them–she has been in remission since mid-summer 2015, […]
I joined this community because my 3-year-old Lab, Jackson, was just diagnosed with a partial cruciate ligament tear. The vet receommended surgery, and said it didn’t need to be done right away, but eventually it would. After going home upset at the though of putting my poor baby under the knife, I began researching other […]
I cannot praise this website enough and thank you to everyone who has contributed. I feel qualified to give my 100% endorsement to using the conservative management method because I have experienced both TPLO surgery and opting out of surgery and following the CM method. There is NO WAY that I would ever recommend the […]
- New Emerging Treatment: Simitri Stable in Stride April 18, 2016
- Conservative Management Success – Annabelle March 21, 2016
- Surgery vs. Conservative Management – Sophie April 26, 2016
- Conservative Management vs. Surgery – Bella November 9, 2016
- Undecided Treatment – Roxy February 25, 2016
- Treatment Options – MacDuff May 15, 2016
- Conservative Management with Lupus – Kaylie April 5, 2016
- Conservative Management – Nadine February 7, 2017
- Dog Knee Brace for Bilateral CCL Injury – Razin January 18, 2017
- Conservative Management Success – Finn the Chocolate Lab January 11, 2017
- Conservative Management Experience with an Active Dog – Diesel January 10, 2017
- Molly the Golden Retriever – CCL Injury with TPLO Surgery January 4, 2017
- Veterinary Prolotherapy December 20, 2016
- Conservative Management – Lucy the Corgi November 30, 2016
- Stephanie: We are 6 weeks post op, and she is doing much bett...
- christopher brisson: Hi Dr. Embleton-- I live in Los Angeles. Which...
- Lisa: Hi... I had an Aussie. I can't imagine trying to ...
- Ashley Doran: Who is the surgeon in Alabama ?...
- Cynthia: Hi Lisa, thank you for responding so quickly - alt...
- Lisa: Hi Cynthia, I'm afraid my Anatolian, after 12 we...
- Lynne: There can be occasional popping. I would call your...
- Dog ACL Surgery
- Conservative Management
- Dog Knee Brace
- Financial Assistance
- Read Stories
- Watch Video