Two days ago Max, our 4 year old very active 18 pound Westie, would not walk when he woke up. We took him to the vet, and they said he tore his ACL and recommended LSS surgery. They gave him pain medication and laser therapy. By the afternoon he was acting normally because he couldn’t […]
Archive | Non-Surgical OptionsRSS feed for this section
Moby is a 2.5 yr old, neutered lab. About 6 weeks ago, he became leg-in-the-air lame on his left hind leg after an acute injury. This was diagnosed as an acute acl tear or rupture. But in retrospect, I think he was displaying a whole set of subtle symptoms that both knees were in trouble, […]
One morning, we noticed our Bichon Frise was limping. It was her left hind leg. The limp was noticeable and disturbing. She wasn’t whining or anything, but she wasn’t putting weight on it either. I took her to 2 different vets. Both said it was her ACL and they recommended surgery. It was this site […]
Hannah was diagnosed with a partially torn rear leg CCL one year ago, in May 2012. Now, approaching Memorial Day Weekend 2013, marks the one year anniversary of her diagnosis, and I thought to share her story so others out there know that surgery — TPLO, Tightrope, etc.– is NOT your only option, contrary to […]
I adopted my dog, Buck, as a young adult in July, 2009. He was separated from his brother at adoption and we soon found out he suffered serious separation anxiety. He was approximately one year old. In May, 2011, we were at a dog park and he was running full speed and collided hip to […]
I have a rescue Basset Hound/Golden Retriever mix who is almost 4 years old. He is a very mellow, chill couch potato that does have spurts of energy and playfulness, unlike our constantly crazy Yellow Lab. About 7 months ago, they were playing in the yard and he must have somehow hurt himself because after […]
Looking for more information on experiences using canine chiropractic, laser therapy and nutrition to help your dog heal form a CCL knee ligament tear or rupture? Keep reading to see how Pepe is progressing using Conservative Management. My 6.5 year old Cockapoo, Pepe, ruptured his back left ACL in May – it was diagnosed by […]
Hello Everyone, I feel as I must give back some of the invaluable information that I have gotten here on the wonderful website I basically stumbled upon! Jasmond’s story began about 8 days ago. She has always been such a wild child. I rescued her at about 18 months almost 9 years ago; someone had […]
Hudson, a Lab mix, came into my life in April 2002 as a rescue from a local shelter. He was discovered abandoned at a car wash and he has never been alone again. Hudson is just a dude who loves his Daddy and Mommy and we adore him. I would sell all my possessions and […]
Help! My dog is limping – Could it be a torn ligament? This guide is a good starting place for anyone looking for more information on dog knee problems, specifically cruciate ligament injury in dogs. This article will give an overview of dog knee injuries covering everything from symptoms to recovery. What is a Cruciate […]
Products with Money Back Guarantee
- Conservative Management and TPLO Surgery – Benito January 29, 2013
- American Bulldog with 2 TPLOs on the Same Leg – Lucy June 11, 2013
- Dog Knee Braces for Large Dogs – Pookie December 12, 2012
- Conservative Management for Small, Older Dogs – Kismet December 5, 2012
- Conservative Management for ACL – Madam Bijou June 21, 2013
- MRSA Following TPLO Surgery – Dax December 2, 2012
- Traditional Repair Recovery Complications – Mousky December 26, 2012
- TPLO or Lateral Suture (Extracapsular Repair) – Dandelion Marie November 19, 2013
- LSS Surgery vs. Conservative Management for Small Dogs – Max November 1, 2013
- Double TPLO Recovery – Limping/Lameness – Loki November 1, 2013
- TTO and MMP Surgery for Dogs – Heidi October 31, 2013
- Extracapsular Surgery for Dogs – Santos October 16, 2013
- Moby – Conservative Management October 9, 2013
- C.T. Brady – Ruptured CCL October 7, 2013
- Nina: Get a second opinion and conduct your own research...
- Nancy: In case you end up going the TPLO path at some poi...
- WestieBunny: Thanks for the informative post. My dog, a 6 y/o w...
- Judy: My girl Angel just had the 'traditional' done in...
- Nancy: My dog actually had the extracapsular repair first...
- Tara: My yellow lab, Pearl, has had a TPLO and an extrac...
- Andrea: I debated over the exact same thing, and ended up ...
- Dog ACL Surgery
- Conservative Management
- Dog Knee Brace
- Financial Assistance
- Read Stories
- Watch Video